What's new
You need to change the DIP switches on the physical CPS1 board.
Right so you need to dismantle the multi to change them?

Or at least take off the filter board and poke at them with a toothpick.

How can we choose the game on this system : directly on tv screen or on pcb, using buttons?
Thx

Right so you need to dismantle the multi to change them?

Or at least take off the filter board and poke at them with a toothpick.
I think you can reach them without disassembling anything. Use a small screwdriver or something.

It’s a shame the long A boards aren’t supported, I don’t recall this was mentioned earlier in the threads, maybe it was and I missed it.
Same, I have a long and a short but my short is cutting off character's legs in SFII. Probably easy to troubleshoot but a pain due to the CPS1 stacked design and I'll have to shell out for something like this https://www.arcaniac.com/products/capcom-cps1-a-board-diagnostic-helper-repair-tool

This is one of the reason's I'm holding off on the multi for now :(

You can remove the filterboard to change the dips but I'm also designed some option boards that can be installed on the motherboard to relocate the dips. I'll give more info after testing them.
Nice. Makes the wait more worth it. I'm still working on wire routing and everything else in my cabinet so have plenty of time to adjust based upon what goodies come out. :)

You can remove the filterboard to change the dips but I'm also designed some option boards that can be installed on the motherboard to relocate the dips. I'll give more info after testing them.
Can't wait to see that.

The issue is that CPS1 games use DIP-Switches and not EEPROM like newer games, so either you need to modify the code of each game one by one, so it read settings from EEPROM and then somehow the settings get cleaned after each game change, or you get a dip switch extender like Mitsu has design which is a very cool solution IMO and avoids modifying the games which is something that purists dont like.

I would like to use Marq's CPS2_DIGIAV board with CPS1 and CPS1(1.5) Multi. I have a question about of sound output of the Qsound (both CAPCOM Q1 or its FPGA version).
Can I "catch" the digital signal from CAPCOM Q1 chip or its FPGA version in I2S or RJ form and where? Or the digital outputing signal somehow goes to the A board and is automatically mixed there on YM3012 or M6295 etc. and everything will work with doing nothing? I think the Qsound chip is routed independently in digital form. No "connect" with A board and its parts. Correct? Where is the audio signal of the CAPCOM Q1 chip or its FPGA version routed? Is it possible to listen to QS games only via analog output on RCAs?
Sorry, I am no expert about it.
thanks

Last edited:
Will it be possible with the Darksoft's multis to choose the game directly on the TV screen ( with joystick for example, like the Mister FPGA ) ?
Or there's no other solution that always use the lcd display...
Thx

@USHIMATA like the CPS2 just the lcd display. however, someone clever could probably write some python or other code and run it on a small raspberry pi, which could interface with the lcd selector header and then allow you to choose a game via a webpage GUI via wifi, say on your mobile phone. Seems more difficult than just using the selector and a long selector cable but would be cool anyway. (just a thought)

There is something I don't really understand : I've just been to saveyourgames.it and placed my (pre)order. My interest check number has never been asked/requested/demanded...
I guess it's not necessary anymore? Has it ever been?

There is something I don't really understand : I've just been to saveyourgames.it and placed my (pre)order. My interest check number has never been asked/requested/demanded...
I guess it's not necessary anymore? Has it ever been?
Your IC# got your preorder approved for the first 2 weeks of preorders. Then orders opened up for everyone.

Back