What's new
If any of you have any spare setups, please browse the sales forum to help us out! Lots of folks, (including me) are going to need donor boards!

Someone can say exactly what I will need & do with this multi please? Sure one CPS1 dash A board, and what other? For run 1.5 games qsound? THX
No. The final details haven’t been released. It’s best to wait before assuming anything.
Q-sound (aka CPS1.5) requirements haven't been fully revealed yet (and may require an original 1.5 "D-board")... :huh:

What we know right now (also subject to change) is to play CPS1 games you will need:
  • A 12mhz A-board (Dash or crystal modified Short/Long)
  • A B21 based C-board (battery backed or key write modified)
  • A Darksoft multi B-board
Admittedly if it is true (we need an original D-board) this will ultimately require the sacrifice of two original games (a CPS1 and a CPS1.5).
Go ahead and check the prices on even the cheapest CPS1.5 games and cross your fingers with me this isn't the case (but I'm afraid it is thats why we aren't being told/panic buying ensue). :whistling: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly if it is true (we need an original D-board) this will ultimately require the sacrifice of two original games (a CPS1 and a CPS1.5).
nope. all CPS1.5 games use battery backed B-21 boards, so it would meet all requirements.

nope. all CPS1.5 games use battery backed B-21 boards, so it would meet all requirements.
Wrong! You can't play CPS1 games on a CPS1.5 A-board, its audio section isn't populated for ADPCM sound (ie CPS1 games would have no sound).
TupOxKm.gif

Interesting, I thought the CPS1.5s still had it in addition to the Q-sound; it was just the audio amp that was moved to the D-Board. Admiddedly I'd never looked to far into it.

Maybe some (factory rework or internal Dash board overstock)?
But no Capcom decided to save themselves some money and didn't bother populating the ADPCM audio section because ALL 1.5 games use Q-sound.
Admiddedly I'd never looked to far into it.
I've only done some light research myself, I was never 100% clear on the D-board situation, I originally thought Q-sound was part of a 1.5 C-board.

Lets be honest tho, the loss of two games...
  • Punisher
  • Caddies and Dinos
Wouldn't be the end of the world, even tho they are AWESOME games.
Yea I could give a fuck about anything else on the 1.5 hardware, its lackluster at best or bested by the CPS2.

Look at this homoerotic shit! *rolls eyes*
mbombrdj.png

Might as well fire up Cho Aniki (or its Jassin coined American name Super Homo Bros.) while your at it.
ai-chou-aniki_.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Far above in this thread someone said that a big amount of DSP 146 (a.k.a Capcom Q-1) was adquired in order to presumably be added to the multi cps1 to add q-sound support. But by now anything is confirmed :huh:

Maybe some (factory rework or internal Dash board overstock)?
But no Capcom decided to save themselves some money and didn't bother populating the ADPCM audio section because ALL 1.5 games use Q-sound.
Admiddedly I'd never looked to far into it.
I've only done some light research myself, I was never 100% clear on the D-board situation, I originally thought Q-sound was part of a 1.5 C-board.
Lets be honest tho, the loss of two games...
  • Punisher
  • Caddies and Dinos
Wouldn't be the end of the world, even tho they are AWESOME games.
Yea I could give a fuck about anything else on the 1.5 hardware, its lackluster at best or bested by the CPS2.

Look at this homoerotic shit! *rolls eyes*
mbombrdj.png

Might as well fire up Cho Aniki (or its Jassin coined American name Super Homo Bros.) while your at it.
ai-chou-aniki_.jpg

tenor.gif
Lol. Im just upset I didnt get a Cho Aniki pillow like Otomedius..

I already bought a Magic Sword board thinking that'd be all I needed (and for some reason I actually like that game!) are you saying I may need more stuff to buy?

Punisher isn't a huge deal to me, I can play that on my CPS2 Multi but I'd still want it on my Multi CPS1 :)

I already bought a Magic Sword board thinking that'd be all I needed (and for some reason I actually like that game!) are you saying I may need more stuff to buy?

Punisher isn't a huge deal to me, I can play that on my CPS2 Multi but I'd still want it on my Multi CPS1 :)
Right now, no nothing is final. Please....EVERYONE....just take a bit to breathe......

We know Darksoft and Apocalypse are going to do whatever they can, to get this into as many people's hands as possible.
Have some faith, that they will find a way that works best for all involved, and that they will share that information, as soon as a final decision has been reached.

Fear-buying right now, is not gonna help anyone in the long run, and neither will any misinformation.

Have a bit of patience....let the Sys16 get knocked out, and stable, and I'm sure we will all be jamming to our favorite CPS1 stuff, by this time next year.

@Malenko - Boss....I'm not coming at you....or accusing you of anything, and there's nothing wrong with asking for information.....at all. I'm using your question as a reference point for the point I was trying to make.

The back and forth for the 40 posts before yours, is what I'm referring to.
Nothings in stone, no finished details are publicly announced.
People are speculating, and assuming, and worrying, about something that's not even announced yet....which is why you were questioning what you would need, beyond a standard CPS1 board you'd bought before this started.

I am simply counseling patience for all, as details will be revealed, when DS and Apoc either need more input, or when they have something to reveal.

I hope my Pang 3 with the C Board (it must be the non battery driven one) will be just fine

You guys need a lesson in patience, such as waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 since May 2012.

**drops the mic**

"Hold my beer"
- Those of us waiting since October 2007 for Half Life 3
it's the year 2333 Value hasn't released any games in over 300 years and suddenly they release a title called simply "3"
its a bundle that includes
-Half Life 2 Part 3
-Half Life 3
-Portal 3
-Left 4 Dead 3
-Team Fortress 3
-DotA 3
-and 3 completely new games

"Hold my beer"
- Those of us waiting since October 2007 for Half Life 3
it's the year 2333 Value hasn't released any games in over 300 years and suddenly they release a title called simply "3"its a bundle that includes
-Half Life 2 Part 3
-Half Life 3
-Portal 3
-Left 4 Dead 3
-Team Fortress 3
-DotA 3
-and 3 completely new games
All on the Dreamcast 3

Back