What's new
Yep, these have been around for a while. Lydz advertises them here for sale through taobao, the Chinese eBay

I have the 14 in 1 but this is the first time i saw this one.
Oh don't worry, you aren't missing anything. Its a piece of shit!
Why just look at all the bootleg trash that awaits you inside...
jXQyhae.jpg

Punisher... Funny, I could have sworn that was a CPS1.5 game that required a Q-sound PCB.
How about that Final Fight right next to it? I've played that game a ton and I don't recall seeing character sprites on the title screen.

I'm not going to waste my time screenshotting all this shit just so I can explain how fucked it is.
Go ahead and purchase that 161-in-1 cart for MVS while your at it...

Jesus why even own original hardware if your just going to run bootleg trash code thru it?
I'm a fan of 100% accurate/original game play, so I need OG PCBs... This isn't authentic in the slightest, so why bother?

I hate seeing stuff like this, and I'll never turn down an opportunity to badmouth it all over the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
U mad bro? Lol

But seriously, someone who doesn’t run a CRT shouldn’t be a champion for authenticity. Just saying bro! ;)

Not mad, just passionate (I'm an extremist duh, I don't feel anything halfway).

LCDs and OLEDs are necessary in today's world... Show me a tube that hasn't got any burn-in, or is that part of the authenticity? :whistling: :saint:

Looks nice! *snicker*
bRt06lT.jpg

Not sure where you’re looking for CRTs, but all the ones I own are burn-free and maintained. It’s because if you truly want to be in this hobby you must know that the ability to service your gear comes with the territory.

1mAFJUq.jpg

BO1DD96.jpg

7e1vP9t.jpg

The 14 in 1 is not much better and filled with hacks. I'm not such a purist but my 14 in 1 doesn't get any play. I appreciate your passion though.

Oh and I got a burn-free 25” K7000, a 25” Neotec, a 29” Nanao MS9 and a 19” GO7 in my garage.
Soooooo...

Almost every arcade monitor I've seen in the last 5 years has some type of phosphorus depletion.
You can maintain a chassis yes, but you cannot stop the depletion of phosphorus from occuring when the electron beam strikes it (this is the nature of the technology).

Being that no one manufactures tubes any longer, how long will yours last?
More importantly, as no one makes a 29" 4:3 ratio LCD/OLED screen, retrofitting a Astro cab with one will NEVER be an option.

The cab is only as good as the screen that is slowly killing itself and can never be repaired or replaced...
Well I guess you COULD TV tube swap, but again with what? Another 30 year old burned to a crisp tube?

I don't want to store all this in my garage just to future proof playing my games... Maybe I'm not so "extreme" after all. ;)
maxresdefault.jpg

True the older crts show tons of burn because of the color of phosphors used in the screens. Notice how light grey the screen is when off? Now compare that to a late model CRT that used black phosphors. Almost impossible to notice screen burn on them unless you really look or they have TONS (like thousands of hours) of repeated pattern used on them.

LCDs are far from perfect also and showing an extreme example of 80's screen burn cant fix that either. :P

Almost every arcade monitor I've seen in the last 5 years has some type of phosphorus depletion.
You can maintain a chassis yes, but you cannot stop the depletion of phosphorus from occuring when the electron beam strikes it (this is the nature of the technology).
But you can extend the life of a CRT phosphors with a simple rejuv.
Sure, they’re a finite lifespan, but that’s the price you pay for true authenticity.
Besides how long will your lcd last? Not as long as my CRT’s for sure. You can buy another to replace it. That’s cool, keep dumping money into temporary solutions. Or chasing tech upgrades for the next xK display with OLEDOMGBBQLOL tech just to be ahead of the game.
Imma enjoy my games the way the meant to be enjoyed and not have to worry about dumping thousands chasing some faux crusade for THE REAL.

Being that no one manufactures tubes any longer, how long will yours last?
More importantly, as no one makes a 29" 4:3 ratio LCD/OLED screen, retrofitting a Astro cab with one will NEVER be an option.

The cab is only as good as the screen that is slowly killing itself and can never be repaired or replaced...
Well I guess you COULD TV tube swap, but again with what? Another 30 year old burned to a crisp tube?
Again, they’ll last longer than your plasma OLEDBBQLOL 200K display.

I don't want to store all this in my garage just to future proof playing my games.
If you’re not thinking about redundancy then you might as well buy these 14-n-1’s and have piece of mind that you’re not burning through original gear. You think your original PCB’s are going to last the test of time? What happens when your board fails and it’s some custom IC that can’t be replaced? Hmm?
Redundancy is part of this hobby as well bro.

Last edited:
LCDs are far from perfect
Indeed, but they are getting better with every single year.
Freesync support ended up being huge for arcade folks with OSSCs, and now BenQ is making 32" screens with 1ms G-to-G response times that include it.
OLED continues to push proper blacks/colors forward, the future of classic gaming has honestly never looked better.

Again, they’ll last longer than your plasma OLEDBBQLOL 200K display.
I already want the LG C7 OLED, and nothing is even wrong with my B6.
This tech is advancing so fast, I don't need any of it to last... I'll junk it long before it fails.

All that matters to me is that these newer model screens maintain the same 16:9 ratio/footprint so I can drop them into a Vewlix body.

You see the 8k screens yet? Pretty cool, nearest neighbor scaling becomes less of a issue when you've got 7680x4320 to work with... Where's my OSSC2 at?

What happens when your board fails and it’s some custom IC that can’t be replaced?
In the case of CPS1 I do have a few extra A-boards tucked away.
I also fear the day when we can no longer get replacement customs... Maybe by then it will be possible to replace just the custom with a FPGA?

I don't want to store all this in my garage just to future proof playing my games... Maybe I'm not so "extreme" after all. ;)
hey now, you’re extreme in other ways. ;)

truth be told, my spare monitors are going into cabinet projects once we buy a house. I plan on having at least 6 cabinets running in my game room.
I have these because they mostly fell into my lap from local hobbyists. 1 of them I paid for (the MS9 tube cost me only $50), while the rest were free!

One of those screenshot on thatcps1 multi 32 n 1 had a pic Street Fighter Zero. I am going to assume thats a mistake since SF Zero cant run on CPS1.

might be ported from CPS Changer though
Absolutely taken from the CPS Changer version, that's what I'm trying to say about this multi.
It's full of cobbled together inaccurate bootleg China made trash.

No I'm not racist towards the Chinese, but damn guys get some self-respect/pride...
Can't you do ANYTHING but copy the work of others poorly? How do you sleep at night?

Back