What's new
Yet another controller tested and working perfectly, thanks to Raph and NearlyLogical.

Hori Real Arcade Pro - Xbox One

117947824_10221279893719906_5070092563963751112_n.jpg

Seeet! PCBs may arrive late next week or early the week after.

At this stage if you want to tackle it on your own an Uno, USB shield and wiring in a female DB15 is the best way to go.

are you offering these premade? if so count men down for 2

Well the PCB and surface mount assembly is complete, and shipped. Slated for delivery Monday 31st August, but I'm thinking they may turn up the Friday before as DHL is rather efficient and always delivers early.

At this stage I need to test and verify the PCBs first.

The plan is to open source it, so you can buy and make your own. The PCBs are designed for pick and place soldering, in other words when you order the PCBs the surface mount components are also supplied and machine soldered for you. The only thing left to do is solder three through hole components, the DB15, USB connector and 6 pin programming header. Then program it via a USB ASP/ISP device and you're done.

Incidentally, the coders are working hard and achieving great results. Adding compatibility with more sticks and NearlyLogical just added button mapping profiles which is rather awesome.

This is every USB controller I own, the USB2DB15 is compatible with all of them. It's also compatible with a lot more; I just don't own them (yet :) ).

Compatibility isn't going to be an issue. Button profiles are just implemented and full fledged button remapping is on the way.

118179370_10221288809342791_2532573047762647847_n.jpg

Currently there are 4 preset button mapping profiles. Standard, flipped, and two more that swap the L and R shoulder buttons around. You press COIN and UP plus B1 for profile 1, B2 for profile 2 and so on.

If you know how to code, not hard at all to add virtually any controller. Logical has written a program that prompts you to press all directions / buttons on a controller and this info is used to create a unique profile for that controller.

Would be useful to have user defined remapping. My Marvel vs. Capcom Hori stick is wired up for that game specifically and a lot of sticks are similar in that regard.

We just released a new version that give multi profile support and save the settings.

Last edited:
This is every USB controller I own, the USB2DB15 is compatible with all of them. It's also compatible with a lot more; I just don't own them (yet :) ).
That's the spirit! When I moved I couldn't even fit all my sticks in my car and I've purchased more since then lol

This project looks very promising :D

Today we had a huge release.

It's live on Github.

Added:
  • Refactored the way button input was processed to allow for profiles
  • Added profile support to PS3, Xbox and HID controllers
  • Controller drivers were rewritten currently the following controllers are supported as HID devices:
    • 8BitDo M30 wired Controller
    • iBUFFALO Snes Classic Controller
    • Brook Universal Fighting PCB
    • HORI Fighting Commander
    • HORIPAD in ps4 mode
    • HORI Wired Controller lite
    • HORI Real Arcade Pro.3 PS3 mode
    • HORI Real Arcade Premium VLX
    • HORI Real Arcade Pro V HAYABUSA PS3 and PS4 Modes
    • Razer Panthera
    • Retrobit Sega Saturn Wireless
    • Sony PS4 and PS3 Controllers
    • Sony Wireless Adapter
    • Universal PCB firmware version 29
    • Xbox One official and some 3rd Party controllers
  • 4 Builtin Profiles. They can be switch by holding UP + SELECT + BUTTON 1-4 (button number is relative to the default profile)
    • Button 1: Default profile
    • Button 2: Default but the rows are swapped
    • Button 3: SNES style where button 6 is on L1
    • Button 4: SNES with rows swapped

Last edited:
Axun from the Axun workshop is trying help on this project.
he made this Bottom PCB for you!
he wants to know if the 2nd picture is what needs to be on top. DB15 would be soldered on and such

FROM AXUN:
What is the best solution now and what do I need to assemble one to test?
At present, I only have this USB2DB15-PCB that I just made, and I can also buy the USB_Host_Shield_2.0-PCB finished product online.

Next I will solder all the components of the USB2DB15-PCB.
Then install the USB_Host_Shield_2.0-PCB on the USB2DB15-PCB

is that it?

Attachments

• usb2.png
    usb2.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 185
  • USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 215
Axun from the Axun workshop is trying help on this project.
he made this Bottom PCB for you!
he wants to know if the 2nd picture is what needs to be on top. DB15 would be soldered on and such

FROM AXUN:
What is the best solution now and what do I need to assemble one to test?
At present, I only have this USB2DB15-PCB that I just made, and I can also buy the USB_Host_Shield_2.0-PCB finished product online.

Next I will solder all the components of the USB2DB15-PCB.
Then install the USB_Host_Shield_2.0-PCB on the USB2DB15-PCB

is that it?
You need to bond both arduino and USB host shield with sockets or solder, so place it on the PCB, also, on a socket or soldered.

There's instructions on GITHUB as a new version for the CUSTOM PCB, if need real time help, just enter on discord server!

discord is blocked in china :p but i think he will be able to manage. he just wanted to confirm

Back