What's new
Really impressed with all the work which has been put into this but I am curious if there have been any lag measurements?
Only empiric, we feel no lag. But how it's a open source code and project, we hope that the community can help us too and that's a really good start.

Donations for new equipments are always welcome!

6xaurQr.jpg

This is the first prototype Custom PCB that arrived this week and i assembled yesteday, it's working well, but i made a mistaked on the DB15 footprint and will be fixed soon plus some design down size.

The issue was solved. Cause I made a multidefinition mistake.
Any way to get the size down eventually? If it hangs out to far will the weight added with a cord connected be a concern?
The custom PCB will get some updates next week and the size will down signify. About the all in one, i think it's already tiny for the all the circuit it's handling.
when I try to upload the file to my arduino UNO, Arduino IDE said "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status".
Please, update your Arduino IDE and if you still need help, visit our Discord.

There is a nice article about your fantastic work on RetroRGB:

https://www.retrorgb.com/usb2db15-supergun-adapter.html

Enjoy reeding!
Really kind article! Thanks retroRGB staff!
Any way to get the size down eventually? If it hangs out to far will the weight added with a cord connected be a concern?
The custom PCB will get some updates next week and the size will down signify. About the all in one, i think it's already tiny for the all the circuit it's handling.
when I try to upload the file to my arduino UNO, Arduino IDE said "collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status".
Please, update your Arduino IDE and if you still need help, visit our Discord.

There is a nice article about your fantastic work on RetroRGB:

https://www.retrorgb.com/usb2db15-supergun-adapter.html

Enjoy reeding!
Really kind article! Thanks retroRGB staff!

I did some quick lag testing using a highspeed camera. There seems to be no visible lag created by the adapter. There's always the possibility of sub frame latency, I don't have the knowledge to do that or the equipment necessary, if someone does it would be a cool experiment. I don't think that it's necessary though, and this provides extremely good results!

Nice work to everyone involved

In order to measure the lag you would need to open a controller, put a scope probe on button 1, set a trigger on it, then measure on the respective output on the DA-15.

Am I understanding this correctly? If I'm using an Uno, all I need is a USB host shield and patch wires, but if I use a Nano, I'll need to build a circuit following the schematic?

Am I understanding this correctly? If I'm using an Uno, all I need is a USB host shield and patch wires, but if I use a Nano, I'll need to build a circuit following the schematic?
Yes. You still need to follow the DB 15 wiring with Uno and do right with jumpers.

Uno is pretty straight forward.

Yes that's all you need to do.

Re the USB shield, there's a few variants of it so pending what you get, you may need to solder some jumper pads on it to set correct voltages.

Excellent!

Heads up: I tried to upload the sketch and it gave me an error in this section:

Code:
#include <stdint.h>

#include "controller.h"

#include "device_descriptor.h"

#include "EepromManager.h"
I just changed controller.h to Controller.h and it uploaded. Now to wire this thing together.

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you running?

A few note worth additions recently.

As of version 0.14.1
  • XBox 360 support.
  • Analog nub support for PS3 & XBox 360 controllers.
  • Support for many more 8BitDo controllers via the NES/SNES wireless USB receivers.

Once thoroughly tested and confirmed working I'll be releasing all resources for free, in keeping with the open sourced nature of this project.

The PCB design file, Gerber's, BOM, Pick & Place file, schematic, everything.

Hope I get it right first time around as funds are a little tight to bare the burden of a faulty PCB. :cursing:
Once you do, would like to explore porting this into the PS360+ or now better known as the Brook Fighting Board footprint, which then opens up a different world of other possibilities:

BareBrook.JPG

A few note worth additions recently.

As of version 0.14.1
  • XBox 360 support.
  • Analog nub support for PS3 & XBox 360 controllers.
  • Support for many more 8BitDo controllers via the NES/SNES wireless USB receivers.
Nice update!

Does this mean BT and 2.4Ghz receivers work? Thank you very much for the answer!

Once thoroughly tested and confirmed working I'll be releasing all resources for free, in keeping with the open sourced nature of this project.

The PCB design file, Gerber's, BOM, Pick & Place file, schematic, everything.

Hope I get it right first time around as funds are a little tight to bare the burden of a faulty PCB. :cursing:
Once you do, would like to explore porting this into the PS360+ or now better known as the Brook Fighting Board footprint, which then opens up a different world of other possibilities:
BareBrook.JPG
If you check the Github will see that everything is already open.

8Bitdo NES and SNES Bluetooth receivers work.

The orange 8BitDo USB Mario brick receiver does not work reliably but we're working on it.

Retrobit 2.4G receivers work.

Microsoft and PlayStation wireless receivers work.

Possibly others. Near anything can be made to work as long as we have access to it, or other like minded people jump into the development team and incorporate whatever controllers they have laying around.

Back