What's new
Thought I would post an update as I've not in a while. I've been working on getting the basis setup to support lots of different force feedback games in OpenJVS.

The first one to be added is Sega Racing Classic on the Ringedge/wide which runs FFB through the JVS port.

Still need to play on a real machine to get an idea for what the FFB should feel like, and have basically guessed so far!

The new OpenJVS Raspberry Pi hats (you can see one in the video), have a JVS USB B connector as well as a DB9 connector which will allow you to emulate the force feedback boards which use the serial protocol instead.

As a general interest gauge, if anyone would be interested in purchasing one of the Raspberry Pi hats could they comment below? Obviously much more will be revealed about them later on before they potentially go on sale, but the next step is to have a sit down and write mapping files for all Chihiro + Lindbergh games (as well as most Naomi ones), and at that point starting manufacturing some OpenJVS hats. At this point the system would be fairly plug and play with any common USB game controller!

So I am potentially interested pending the price point. In addition what Pi models would this work with ? Also one major hurdle I have is I use the wireless xbox 360 steering wheel which does not have a USB plug :( What steering wheel would be recommended for this?

I'm going to try and get the price as low as possible, the board isn't anything special so should be able to make it not very expensive.

It would work with models 2, 3 and 4.

I think you can get a USB Xbox wireless receiver that will let you use any Xbox wheels/controllers with a normal PC.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback or a Microsoft Sidewinder Pro (non ffb), and they both seem to work pretty well :)

Thought I would post an update as I've not in a while. I've been working on getting the basis setup to support lots of different force feedback games in OpenJVS.

The first one to be added is Sega Racing Classic on the Ringedge/wide which runs FFB through the JVS port.

Still need to play on a real machine to get an idea for what the FFB should feel like, and have basically guessed so far!

The new OpenJVS Raspberry Pi hats (you can see one in the video), have a JVS USB B connector as well as a DB9 connector which will allow you to emulate the force feedback boards which use the serial protocol instead.

As a general interest gauge, if anyone would be interested in purchasing one of the Raspberry Pi hats could they comment below? Obviously much more will be revealed about them later on before they potentially go on sale, but the next step is to have a sit down and write mapping files for all Chihiro + Lindbergh games (as well as most Naomi ones), and at that point starting manufacturing some OpenJVS hats. At this point the system would be fairly plug and play with any common USB game controller!
I am definitely down for one - please put me on the list for purchase! I have been waiting for this opportunity for awhile as a plug and play solution. Great work - hopefully they will be available soon!

Interested.

You can buy a wireless dongle to connect an xbox360 steering wheel to a pc (and likely raspberry pi as well.)
Force feedback doesn't work with it when used that way.

Back