What's new

West

Grand Master
Reaction score
Recently I decided to make my PGM carts all pretty pretty so I got some new labels and ordered a few shock boxes from Southtown knowing that I could cut down the interior plastic and make them fit PGM carts. I did that, which works but made the insides of the shock boxes look like exacto knife garbage so I decided to 3D print some inserts to make them look clean again. Here they are.

IMG_6600.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg

I made small one which just covers the top area that gets cut out and is a 2ish hour print. Totally functional and works just fine, but you can clearly see the added component.

IMG_6604.jpeg
IMG_6602.jpeg
IMG_6603.jpeg

Then I decided to go all in and make one that is a full interior replacement. Overnight+ print which looks great and works great as well.

IMG_6607.jpeg
IMG_6605.jpeg
IMG_6606.jpeg

I glued the prints onto the interior plastic of the shockboxes with clear Gorilla glue. Shockbox closes as it normally would with no obstruction or deformation. Crispy clean.

STL's on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5980047

Enjoy.

And shout out to @Robertguy09 for the very nice PGM labels. If you need replacements, he does great work. Totally recommended.

Thanks @nam9

I don't know if twist was going to do it but as a solution, vacuum forming a piece would be awesome. I don't have a vacuum former myself but if someone has one and did a run I'm sure there'd be interest.

Back