What's new
It crashes immediately after the warning screen. I can coin up on the warning screen and play, but as soon as it tries to get back to the attract screen it crashes. Oh well, as long as black label works that's all people really care about anyway.

No, both versions play fine for me. But a lot of folks complain about A crashing on stage 5 I think. Is that where it crashed? Mostly people complain about A/vanilla crashing with the old AMB bootlegs. it’s not due to fluffy’s cart in other words, it’s the rom.

Mine works fine. No idea if anyone’s figured out what’s up, maybe it’s a motherboard revision thing or I’m just really lucky
Its really strange that there seems to be some different issues with the DDP dualboot :/.. Ill make mine with your guide as soon as I have finished renovating my workroom and try it out!

I think some people have success erasing the save RAM, others when they boot a different game like Knights of Valour before playing DDP.

Motherboard or BIOS versions don't seem to matter, IIRC.

I don't think anyone succeeded replicating it in Mame, yet, which would make debugging easier. I guess someone could attach a logic analyser to record the exact instruction flow how it ends up at the crash. :)

Last edited:
I think some people have success erasing the save RAM, others when they boot a different game like Knights of Valour before playing DDP.

Motherboard or BIOS versions don't seem to matter, IIRC.

I don't think anyone succeeded replicating it in Mame, yet, which would make debugging easier. I guess someone could attach a logic analyser to record the exact instruction flow how it ends up at the crash. :)
Yeah that could be it.. I remember reading DOJ expects some magic values in the NVRAM at some point at boot/playing?

According to the mamedriver, the vanilla version boots fine with the default settings but the black label version had a key in the nvram at delivery to customer.
That key is stored in the mameset.. (ddpdojblk - ddp3blk_defaults.nv).

I dont know if this is even a problem since the black label rom is already decrypted right?
But it could definitely be the nvram thats causing issues if not erased properly...

It shows 3v currently. The test was a year ago but I’d wager it was the same battery since I don’t recall undoing my lions plexis. I probably replaced it before I put it in the plexi. Happy to try any tests if you’re thinking something

Do most eprom programmers support these GAL's? Apparently mine does not ;(

Hi! my boards look different... is there any soldering guide for the new ones? thank you!

Assembly should generally be the same as before. The only new thing are extra resistor footprints on the prog board for pull-up resistors. You can leave them unpopulated for now.

Made Ketsui and Esp and it works flawlessly! Awesome job Fluffy!!

Put on .6w 100ohms resistors, looks fine. Or is that a bad idea?

For R1 that is fine. For the pull-up you'd use 10k.

For now i haven't installed anything on the pull-up as you said before :)

Getting my cab ready for an arcade convention on the 19th. Noticed some graphical glitches with my Espgaluda. Didn't notice these before. Haven't really played it in awhile. This is from the original batch not the latest.

Pay attention to the clouds in this video. The glitches are subtle during play. Sometimes a explosion will jitter. These clouds show it pretty frequent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1Vw8Wt8OE

Steps taken:

Cleaned with iso on pins.
Reseated numerous times.
Reflowed ALL pins.
Reseated the chips.

Any help? Any chip in particular to check?

Back