What's new
Greatly appreciated @Derick2k -- once my blank SD card comes in the mail, I'll hopefully be web booting ASAP. Going to look into the reset relay mod too. There were a bunch of Naomi games and the majority of the AW stuff wouldn't auto reset. Was a pain getting up switching off the ATX :)

I just need to figure out the relay bit next!
That’s as far as I have got... and it doesn’t work with the web solution. Python code needs some revisiting...
@Derick2k are you using the auto reset feature with PiForce Web or the regular LCD screen?
Auto reset wasn't working for me with the Web version and I was under the impression that the code wasn't properly integrated with the Web selection code...
My relay was working if i broke the code and inserted the reset command inline with the web interface program...
I haven't had time to dig further into it since unfortunately...

PiForceWeb. Yup, the reset code was not working on any of the builds I tried so I fixed that, working now :D

I can send you a link to the image I sent DJsheep, it’s made for a 32gb card since all the N1,N2, AW game roms should fit on there.

Last edited:
PiForceWeb. Yup, the reset code was not working on any of the builds I tried so I fixed that, working now :D

I can send you a link to the image I sent DJsheep, it’s made for a 32gb card since all the N1,N2, AW game Roma should fit on there.
Nice! Do you have any details of the fix? We should roll those straight into the PiForce Web code on Git....

:thumbsup:

I can send you a link to the image I sent DJsheep, it’s made for a 32gb card since all the N1,N2, AW game Roma should fit on there.
Nice! Do you have any details of the fix? We should roll those straight into the PiForce Web code on Git....
:thumbsup:
I just wrote the reset code into 2 files, I forgot the name of the files/locations. I'll dig into what I did later on, but you will probably get to it before I do from the image I sent ya.
Also, I used chunksin's version of the PiForceWeb to set this image up which works quite nicely.

Hey @Derick2k, grabbed the 64GB SD card out of the GoPro and wrote the image you provided successfully using Etcher on the Mac. Loaded and renamed a few ROMS and all works perfectly.

One last question, is it possible to still have the LCD screen active in conjunction with the Web Booting?

Hey @Derick2k, grabbed the 64GB SD card out of the GoPro and wrote the image you provided successfully using Etcher on the Mac. Loaded and renamed a few ROMS and all works perfectly.

One last question, is it possible to still have the LCD screen active in conjunction with the Web Booting?
Sounds good :)

Actually not sure, never tried it with the lcd. Give it a go :D . I might try it later on.

Any chance of also getting this link? Since my setup went down, I’ve not been able to get PiForce Tools to boot on my Pi 2.

It would be helpful to have a known working image so I could at least rule out the Pi in a worse case scenario, or in a best, have a working setup again. Does this work on a 3b+ as well?

Last edited:
For the PiForceWeb version I would recommend you use a 3B. Wont work on a 3B+ afaik, and if you use it one a Pi2, you need to add a compatible wireless lan dongle to it I think. So yeah, the 3B would be the easiest way to go.

Is the fix as simple as putting lines of code in a config file? Or does the code have to be recompiled?

I'd love to be able to get this reset code working and I'm hoping I don't have to download the image as my internet connection sux so much I might as well be using 56k :D :D

@mR_CaESaR

At a guess, you probably only need to swap out sbin/piforce/ triforcetools.py and maybe webforce.py with those from @Derick2ks image...
Not sure how deep the edits go, but I'd start there.

I'm making massive assumptions here, but it would matter which fork was used right? My setup is using chunksin's fork.

Does the 3b+ not work because it doesnt boot or something else? I am moving onto a low duty 24 hours online Pi 3b+ for PS2 SMB and hosting retroarch and mister roms and other low speed media like music and all.

I was looking to see if I could use TransferGame.exe using dosbox on the Pi but it needs windows mode.

I tried https://github.com/dev-tty0/Piforce-Single configured the rom path and putting a single rom in the .py script directory (not in a separate image, but on my Pi desktop), it seems that it manages to reset the naomi but not transfer further data. Does anyone know if this script can work as TransferGame.exe?

Still having no luck getting the LCD to work simultaneously with the Web Boot. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I thought I read on here it should work automatically like that?

Still having no luck getting the LCD to work simultaneously with the Web Boot. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I thought I read on here it should work automatically like that?
I thought the same as well. Maybe it’s the different versions/forks?! Not sure. I tried a different versions of piforceweb, and I know I could not get the reset mod to work because they were missing the code. So if added on the image I sent you.

I’ll check to see if I can get the lcd to work with the web version, but it might be beyond my skill set with the Pis. You would have to get both screens to update with the current status of the Naomi/netdimms, meaning which game is currently loading/loaded, etc.. so you would have to refresh both screens, etc..that’s for simultaneous use of course. Another way would be for it to detect if the lcd is plugged in, it defaults to use that, etc..

does the lcd work with this version? Meaning you either use the lcd or use the webboot option? So if you use and option the other doesn’t work?

I can send you a link to the image I sent DJsheep, it’s made for a 32gb card since all the N1,N2, AW game roms should fit on there.
Can I have a link too? I've been just sshing into my desktop on my phone to send roms over lmao.

Back