What's new

Major Tom

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi I have a pop n music that won't boot and shows an application error. Just recently bough it, I think it's a type B cab and has a fantasia header. When I first got it the computer was making beeping noises so I reseated the memory and the hard drive and that fixed that issue but I still get the application error. Any thoughts on what I should do next would be a huge help and greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_084758.jpg
    IMG_20230903_084758.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230903_084646.jpg
    IMG_20230903_084646.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 31
Hi I have a pop n music that won't boot and shows an application error. Just recently bough it, I think it's a type B cab and has a fantasia header. When I first got it the computer was making beeping noises so I reseated the memory and the hard drive and that fixed that issue but I still get the application error. Any thoughts on what I should do next would be a huge help and greatly appreciated, thanks.
Did it ever work? Also did the person you buy it from supply you with hacked arcade data?

Looks like you possibly have other issues as well; monitor either needs calibrated or work done since it looks like you're missing green on it.

Did it ever work? Also did the person you buy it from supply you with hacked arcade data?

Looks like you possibly have other issues as well; monitor either needs calibrated or work done since it looks like you're missing green on it.
No it never worked and I bought it from captains auction so I am not sure what version its running. It had an offline kit adapter loose in the cab too. The monitor definitely needs some work , it makes a high pitch noise.

No it never worked and I bought it from captains auction so I am not sure what version its running. It had an offline kit adapter loose in the cab too. The monitor definitely needs some work , it makes a high pitch noise.
I'd start by sourcing some arcade data (omnimix) and replacing the hard drive to see if you can get it to boot. Don't know what an offline kit adapter is (if you mean the security dongles, you won't need them with arcade data), but I would start there.

The monitor making a high pitched noise could be a few things: loose yoke winding, noisy transformer or other coil, etc. First order of business would be to recap if the service history isn't known, then start working on the color issue.

awesome thanks !! when researching I couldn't find much info on sourcing arcade data. I appreciate the help.

Back