What's new

Someone Else

Student
Reaction score
In order to eventually add controls for things like switching games, I got one of the V.Select Panels, and was very happy with it.

The panel seemed thick and sturdy, and ended up looking wonderful on the cabinet.
Pictures will be hidden in spoiler tags, because they're quite large.
LjsveOS.jpg

The item was packaged very neatly, and cushioned very well.
It also included a nice layer of protective plastic on the top and bottom of the panel.
(Several images below.)

3JCXYo8.jpg
zNuneBP.jpg

Below, you can see a layer of protective plastic before it was removed, and then the beautiful finish.

mlmkWRn.jpg
LtMi6lf.jpg

Below, you can see images of the cabinet with 3 different button colors installed on the panel. The red and smoke colors matched the cabinet colors better, but the light green buttons looked the best to me.
YjLhz6i.jpg
5YYIKeP.jpg
UPqW8IU.jpg

The panel was very nice looking and matched the cabinet extremely well, as you can see in the images.

The seller was extremely helpful, answered questions thorougly, and went above and beyond to help with things related to installing the panel and its parts.

For others looking for a very nice game management control panel for their Vewlix cabinet, I can definitely recommend getting a panel from brisketnbulgogi.

How did you manage to fit the DAC Audio Converter into the panel?

I have taken mine apart so I just have the shell and it’s spot on with the height measurement but the width of the cut out is ever so slightly too small.

Any tips to wedge it in?

UPDATE:- I managed to finally wedge it in after scrapping away vigorously one edge with a sharp knife and trying again. I should have taken a bit more off as it’s warped slightly under pressure at the bottom but I can do that later.

Attachments

• CD8F3866-D97E-4B15-A0A9-07CBE77564FD.jpeg
    CD8F3866-D97E-4B15-A0A9-07CBE77564FD.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DF4DAAA8-D798-4055-AC73-BF4D454B13D1.jpeg
    DF4DAAA8-D798-4055-AC73-BF4D454B13D1.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
In order to eventually add controls for things like switching games, I got one of the V.Select Panels, and was very happy with it.

<snip>

Could you tell me how you managed to connect the RCA leads to the DCA Converter as I am stumped?

None of the components are wired to anything yet. The "eventually" I mentioned there still hasn't happened.

My Taito JVS board would need to arrive before I could hook up the TTX2 unit that the components are for.

I am not entirely sure how the amp hooks up, or whether it's even intended to control volume of the Vewlix speakers or just headphones.

Maybe brisketnbulgogi can share some info on that.
Thank you so much for the review! Pictures look amazing and I'm glad you really like it!
No problem! The panel looks great and the components fit nicely on the layout.

Could you clarify how to hook up the DAC, and whether it controls the cabinet speakers as well as headphones?

Also, could you show which terminals on the metal buttons are connected to button presses?

Thank you.

None of the components are wired to anything yet. The "eventually" I mentioned there still hasn't happened.

My Taito JVS board would need to arrive before I could hook up the TTX2 unit that the components are for.

I am not entirely sure how the amp hooks up, or whether it's even intended to control volume of the Vewlix speakers or just headphones.

Maybe brisketnbulgogi can share some info on that.
Thank you so much for the review! Pictures look amazing and I'm glad you really like it!
No problem! The panel looks great and the components fit nicely on the layout.
Could you clarify how to hook up the DAC, and whether it controls the cabinet speakers as well as headphones?

Also, could you show which terminals on the metal buttons are connected to button presses?

Thank you.
Thanks for replying.

Looking at it and I am guessing it is just too deep and there is no room to put the rca or digital coaxial leads into it. The only way I can see is to solder wires to them as there’s only millimetres left to spare.

Really the DAC is placed in the wrong place and ideally should be where the card reader is due to the extra large hole which allows it to have room to insert any cable without resorting to purchasing right angled connectors or soldering cables to the rca female sockets.

It’s a pity as it would be ideal for my set up with the switch being used to swap audio inputs from my Mame pc and Xbox.

One of my metal buttons was also going to used by my usb switcher wired up to swap the controls between the two via a brooks board.

And with the setup the volume dial and headphones would work if plugged in and output whatever is one the corresponding input selected via the switch but I prefer using Bluetooth over wired headphones as it’s so much easier than having cables draped on the control panel.

Just an update.

Purchased the smallest I could find right angle RCA adaptor and that was still to big and the control panel wouldn’t close.

Had to cut the end off the supplied digital coaxial lead, take apart the DAC and solder the wires to it - ground is closest to the female jack.

Looks terrible due to me not being very good at making things but you don’t see it when the panel is closed.

Finally the switch works and I can swap audio from pc to xbox without having to find my remote and cycle through the amp inputs.

Also if you buy a spdif expansion for your pc you don’t need to use the +5V if you are only using Digital Coaxial.

Back