What's new

Crickster

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a bit noobish when it comes to arcade hardware. I the budget bare bones Supergun adapter from R2tronik which works great on my Altered Beast board but when I go to play it on my Primal Rage board, everything is super reddish because this board doesn't have adjustable RGB pots.
With the recent fire at the R2tronik store I probably won't be able to order a Supergun from them for a while. What pre-made budget friendly alternatives are out there?

Fwiw I don’t have to adjust my RGB values between those two games regardless of cab/supergun. Might want to load up the test menus and look at the color bars (rage has purity test also) and see if maybe one of your colors is just out. Maybe clean that jamma pin, or make sure it’s making proper contact. or it’s a board issue.

with superguns you get what you pay for, I’d look for a HAS or a minigun. I am not sure if either are for sale currently. HAS comes in and out of stock. Minigun is open source so sometimes members build them and sell them, sometimes not.

I'll go with HAS supergun ... you are in USA , no VAT taxes for you sir (this is an advantage of buying of HAS Supergun) ! From what i know , very very soon a new batch of HAS superguns will be ready for pre-order . Last batch (was on pre-order form 2 weeks - 7th of April - ago and in this batch , around 40 units goes out) . So , if you don't want to make yourself a MiniGun supergun by @Frank_fjs , witch also is a great release for arcade enthusiasts (this involve ordering bare pcbs + parts to be soldered on them) the easiest route will be a HAS because will be again on pre-order very soon (for details , talk through PM's with the creator @RGB )

Thank you both for your responses! I'll have to look more at my Primal Rage board for the color after I finish moving and the HAS looks great!

Since you said "Low Budget" - I recommend buying a pre-assembled minigun supergun.

This buy-it-now listing was for minigun supergun: https://www.ebay.com/itm/303957571657

He is all sold out now but more come on, from various sellers, all the time.

There is one from Australia for $84. but I would imagine it will take a while to receive it (at least a month to 6 weeks).

Prices have been creeping up, but $89 is not a lot of money for what you get.

I have 4 of them. 2 were $60 (which was a steal), and the other 2 were $80 and $89.

You need to invest in a power supply, but those can be had for from $20-$40.

You can adjust the R, G, B output on the minigun, but it sounds like that might not be your issue.

Back