What's new
I finally got my Kortek KTN-2001 running. It works, but the video signal is noisy. CPS2 and MV1FS worked fine. However, my Meanwell PSU just chirped when I tried my Pi2JAMMA and Mister Expander. I'll probably try the resistor hack mentioned earlier to help with the load.
33E88BAA-73B8-4E5B-9858-E89D8E62C7F2.jpeg

Gotta find that info :D
I found that monitor thread.

At the time. the ASUS VB199T-P 19" LCD was readily on ebay.

@Epyc shared his pics running 4x integer.

(Click SPOILER for full Rez)

6691-ECE7-A8-E1-43-FB-BD87-394308-DDC6-F6.jpg

4-AEAD18-A-2447-41-E8-B7-D5-20-EF2420-B35-B.jpg

AAADB384-74-BA-4-A6-B-8-B5-B-9547-B5-A1214-B.jpg

6691-ECE7-A8-E1-43-FB-BD87-394308-DDC6-F6.jpg

4-AEAD18-A-2447-41-E8-B7-D5-20-EF2420-B35-B.jpg

AAADB384-74-BA-4-A6-B-8-B5-B-9547-B5-A1214-B.jpg

That would be a razor sharp display option for both 240 and 480p.

I found that monitor thread.

At the time. the ASUS VB199T-P 19" LCD was readily on ebay.

@Epyc shared his pics running 4x integer.
Ah yes, I was able to buy that LCD brand new.

I also have these to test as well:

Dell 2001FP 1600x1200res that supports 15Khz, 20"
NEC Accusync 71V supports 15/24/31Khz but its a 17"

Finally got my Mini Cute done and up and running. Owlnonymous tracked down two freshly capped K7000 chassis with some burn free tubes and I am super impressed with how everything fits and looks. We are going to knock out Owl's Mini Cute here in the next few weeks. Thanks to Hursit, Cereth, and all the people behind the scenes that helped make this happened, this was quite the project.
PXL_20211008_142916181.jpg

Nice. I hope to pay for a chassis soon to get my mini cute up and running.

that does look nice. can i ask where you got the speaker arts from and is it exactly the same size as the original?
Finally got my Mini Cute done and up and running. Owlnonymous tracked down two freshly capped K7000 chassis with some burn free tubes and I am super impressed with how everything fits and looks. We are going to knock out Owl's Mini Cute here in the next few weeks. Thanks to Hursit, Cereth, and all the people behind the scenes that helped make this happened, this was quite the project.
PXL_20211008_142916181.jpg

that does look nice. can i ask where you got the speaker arts from and is it exactly the same size as the original?
To my knowledge, they came with the cabinet, and I'm sure Hursit got it as close as humanly possible.

Tried powering mine up, I'm getting 120 to the switcher, but no dc voltage back out. Any suggestions? Everything I've checked seems fine, wondering if it's a dead switcher?

Tried powering mine up, I'm getting 120 to the switcher, but no dc voltage back out. Any suggestions? Everything I've checked seems fine, wondering if it's a dead switcher?
What switcher?

Do you mean you have no DC output on the power supply (PSU)?

If that is the issue, certain Mean-Well power supplies have a minimum load requirement to turn on.

What switcher?

Do you mean you have no DC output on the power supply (PSU)?

If that is the issue, certain Mean-Well power supplies have a minimum load requirement to turn on.
The switching psu that came with the kit with buttons. I have ac voltage in, but no +5, +12, etc. I tried it with my working board plugged in, also nothing.

Did you switch the internal switch on MW from 220 default to 120volts?
Yeah, that was it. I thought I had done that prior during building, so I didn't even double check. Derp. Thanks for the tip! Board powered up, but now not getting anything on the monitor. Just need to figure that out and should be good.

Just to double check, black on monitor connections goes next to rgb, the white is the sync line?

Yeah, that was it. I thought I had done that prior during building, so I didn't even double check. Derp. Thanks for the tip! Board powered up, but now not getting anything on the monitor. Just need to figure that out and should be good.

Just to double check, black on monitor connections goes next to rgb, the white is the sync line?
Was gonna add to check the 115/230v switch :)

1633911393707.png

Yes ground black. Sync white.

Are you getting static on your screen?

I’m guessing you plugged the AC into Isolation already.

You should be fine if you have the RGBsGr hooked up coming out the back of the Cute

No static, ac is going through the iso. Rgb, ground and sync should all be hooked up correct. I'm using a g07, so tied the sync together as well. Assuming at this point I might have bumped something when removing the monitor and chassis out of the original frame and putting into the cute. Just seems completely dead, so most likely something power related took it out. No big deal, it'll get fixed and I'll get it going.

I can at least hear the pcb playing blind, and I'm getting voltage to the monitor. Just need to figure out what it's doing. Nothing new.

Back