What's new
as well as any other power related items: fuse(s), ac line filter, ac distribution.
This is a good point and not yet covered. Whether your monitor needs an iso transformer or not is totally dependent upon what you choose to put in there for a monitor, so it'd be situational. But the AC stuff isn't touched on in the thread.

@hursit what is in the cab as far as AC wiring? Can you show us a picture of yours and what is included?

Dug into the speaker size a bit. I could be wrong on the following information, so please don't buy anything assuming this is correct.

Found a thread of someone who did a restore on a minicute, he stated:
"The stock spec are 10cm 4 ohm 15W."

10cm is about 3.93 inches, so rounding to 4inch.

I've ordered speakers for arcades from this place before. Looking for a full range speaker, 4 inch with 4ohm; I found the following:
https://www.parts-express.com/visaton-r10s-4-full-range-speaker-4-ohm--292-595

This has an RMS of 20 watts, max of 30; which should handle the 15 watts (I'm guessing, I'm not the best with handling power). They seem fairly flat, which could be good on space. Also, they offer bulk pricing. Individually they're $8.48. Buying 10 or more they'd be $7.23.

Last edited:
Well if we get an acceptable list of parts to try, we can send a set of samples to @hursit to install and test. If it all works, then I can proceed with the parts for the rest of the cabs, and pack them in when they arrive.

@animesuperj @rewrite @Cereth

I aalways think about the wiring of this cabinet. when i checked it last time, looks like to me, They made this cabinet for CPS1system. And some parts are different.

I think we have to decide it. Kickharness, Speaker, ETC. Then i can make it . But we have to meet at a common Wiring Design.

Ok I have made up my mind! It's too hard to pass on a mini cute! Please put me down for 1x PINK! And I would very prefer Cereth to get all the parts including the monitor for it! Thank you all for the hard work!

@hursit I'm talking about AC power before the power supply.

Going out from the mains, what is included?

Monitor will be the hardest part. There is a very good chance I won't be able to source any for the cabinets. The rest though if we decide on a standard, I should be able to bulk order and offer at-cost.

Ok I have made up my mind! It's too hard to pass on a mini cute! Please put me down for 1x PINK! And I would very prefer Cereth to get all the parts including the monitor for it! Thank you all for the hard work!
and @Artee023 i have added list.

To confirm for everyone: everything leading up to the power supply will be in the cabinet.

Wall plug, AC filter, fuse, etc.

To confirm for everyone: everything leading up to the power supply will be in the cabinet.

Wall plug, AC filter, fuse, etc.
Yeah everything will be ready without PSU

@Cereth please can you confirm, is there any problem on your Custom, when i add AC filter FUSE and cables ?
thanks.

There's no way to source 19" monitors that would be NOS at that quantity, without some real serious luck between now and then, and not at all in California, most likely.

I have my own out here, no issue, and backups for myself. I have the tech ability, to do all my own harness and speaker wiring, and to decide my own parts if need be.

My question will be, at 1500, is it bare, and then we have to have the parts that Cereth gathers, be added to the cost, or is the 1500 with the expectation that some of these parts will be sourced, and included in that price.

Cause if there's a bare option, where i get my one psu, harness, speakers, connectors, coin switch, etc., and save 2-300$, I'd really consider that.

Sincerely not trying to split the community...just these are skills I've got, and dont really need done for me.

@bagheera369 I don't think anyone was expecting to find 40+ NOS 19" monitors. Just maybe 40ish not thrashed 19" monitors if really really lucky.

And there are a fair few people who don't need most of this stuff. I'm all in for new buttons/joysticks on a new cab, but I probably have 10 switching PSU's in the closet.

I get it...I just know that for some folks...this may be there only chance at a Cute, and they may need the extra help with parts...even though there are a lot of us that are savvy.

There are still treasure troves out there...as I'm always surprised every year, by some new haul that gets posted. I might even be able to help the central folks score a few solid monitors, if it cant be done out west, for the folks that want them.

I know things are still being discussed, I just wanted to be aware of my options. :D

I get it...I just know that for some folks...this may be there only chance at a Cute, and they may need the extra help with parts...even though there are a lot of us that are savvy.
Totally. For every one of us with a stash of parts, there's someone who doesn't have anything spare.

Options are good. Options can maybe get complicated at this scale, I'd imagine, but still good to know what they are / if they're available.

Awesome thanks for adding me on the list! Excited about this project ever since it was announced

Awesome thanks for adding me on the list! Excited about this project ever since it was announced
Yeah im very excited about it. Finally the project will alive with great help members of this community :thumbsup:

Totally. For every one of us with a stash of parts, there's someone who doesn't have anything spare.
Options are good. Options can maybe get complicated at this scale, I'd imagine, but still good to know what they are / if they're available.
I'm in the stash of parts side of things, lol. I think having the option is great, but as stated, does get tricky with larger quantities.

As far as the wiring / power stuff - I know I'm fine with whatever in the end. Just was more to bring it up. I don't mind adjusting or adding stuff if needed.

@hursit Customs will see these as single units, coin operated machine, no problem with anything included. I’ve only ever had to fill out a toxicity report for anything with wood that might release toxins, and report radiation emitting devices (CRTs), but it doesn’t really affect anything.

Extra part orders will be on top of the $1,500. $1,500 is a determined safe price that guarantees I don’t end up losing money out of the deal, if I add another $150 in parts per cab, that’s $6,000 for a 20ft container. You will pay for those parts, no negotiation on the matter. Stuff costs money.

Back