What's new
Regarding the LCD new cabs - copy and improve on the Vewlix and mini size it.. the monitor’s size and aspect ratio will be the tricky part. There’s a place for a mini LCD 16:9 metal cab for consoles and modern games. I don’t see that need for 4:3 old cabs because we still have DK cabs out there which has 4:3 13” LCDs.. I would think that and LCD viewlix type 24” IPS style monitor would be a good thing.

Regarding the LCD new cabs - copy and improve on the Vewlix and mini size it.. the monitor’s size and aspect ratio will be the tricky part. There’s a place for a mini LCD 16:9 metal cab for consoles and modern games. I don’t see that need for 4:3 old cabs because we still have DK cabs out there which has 4:3 13” LCDs.. I would think that and LCD viewlix type 24” IPS style monitor would be a good thing.
or 27" IPS :D

But for real I would love a SC19 repro

Feel bad about cluttering up this thread with ideas for a new cab, but over a year ago I approached Hursit about helping me turn my concept for a "mini" LCD cab meant for up to 27" LCD into proper sheetmetal CAD drawings. He was too busy at the time. Not saying anyone else would like what I was looking to do, but I've got a lot of interest on this front.

Finally got to setting mine up.
Incase someone needs a checklist of needed items that is not included in the box:
  1. Monitor (obviously)
  2. Adhesive for the footpad (Lemony Vengeance mention trying Gorilla Glue. EDIT: See below for updated method)
  3. Coin mech
  4. Speakers
  5. Power supply
  6. joystick, button
I think that covers it. If you opted for Cereth's PSU/buttons/sticks you will need two additional buttons for the test/service.
Thanks again to hursit, Cereth and the A-P community members that helped for making this all possible!

Last edited:
Finally got to setting mine up.
Incase someone needs a checklist of needed items that is not included in the box:
  1. Monitor (obviously)
  2. Adhesive for the footpad (Lemony Vengeance mention trying Gorilla Glue)
  3. Coin mech
  4. Speakers
  5. Power supply
  6. joystick, button
I think that covers it. If you opted for Cereth's PSU/buttons/sticks you will need two additional buttons for the test/service.
Thanks again to hursit and Cereth for making this all possible!
And, depending on your monitor:

7. ISO transformer

@Lemony Vengeance is making a handy harness for use with the popular twisted quarter option.

so everyone sees this:

I used gorilla glue contact adhesive for the rubber on my kick plate and my take on it is this: As long as you don’t touch it, it’ll be fine. But with it being a kick plate, it’s not a great solution.

My suggestion is 3m weatherstripping adhesive, and make sure you evenly spread it on the rubber.
1630661767236.jpeg

Don’t glob it on.. use a tongue depressor or popsicle stick to spread it evenly.

unrelated note:

I went from "professional" to "grand master" rank in the last few days :D

Very nice :D

Last edited:
I went from ordering a Green, then a Yellow, and finally Pink to complete the collection. Glad I did. CRT candy cabs are like gold. Arrived safely on Monday. More pics to come. Thanks so much to hurst, Cereth, and everyone who contributed for making this possible!!

Attachments

• 46200B4B-3E37-4C20-BCA4-2B624ED239A6.jpeg
    46200B4B-3E37-4C20-BCA4-2B624ED239A6.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I went from ordering 1 (Green), then 2 (Yellow), and finally 3 (Pink) to complete the collection. Glad I did. CRT candy cabs are like gold. Arrived safely on Monday. More pics to come. Thanks so much to hurst, Cereth, and everyone who contributed for making this possible!!

I was reading that as if you got 6 cabs:)

so everyone sees this:

I used gorilla glue contact adhesive for the rubber on my kick plate and my take on it is this: As long as you don’t touch it, it’ll be fine. But with it being a kick plate, it’s not a great solution.

My suggestion is 3m weatherstripping adhesive, and make sure you evenly spread it on the rubber.
1630661767236.jpeg

Don’t glob it on.. use a tongue depressor or popsicle stick to spread it evenly.

unrelated note:

I went from "professional" to "grand master" rank in the last few days :D

Very nice :D
Im gonna be trying out some of this tape

1630696501768.png

Made to install rubber and pvc stair threads
Also going to get one of these in gray and slate colors to see what color matches best
1630696780053.png

I feel there should be a technical thread just for these repro cabs.

What coin mechs work with the cab?

I finally got the chance to open up my mini cute crates. Wow! I’m speechless. The paint. The Color. The build quality. The attention to detail. The cabs are incredible! Absolute masterpiece!
Thank you @hursit, I can see the blood, sweat and tears that you put into the project. I will enjoy these for many years to come. Thanks also go out to @Cereth for handling the logistics of getting these beauties safely to the states. You’re always great to deal with.

I’ve collected most of the needed parts to complete these cabs. I just need time to put everything together. I also need to come up with a solution to mount my brand new 19” LCD’s. I’m incredibly stoked about these mini cutes!

Attachments

• 75A6035C-9DF8-4FAD-9489-2C15CF00F342.jpeg
    75A6035C-9DF8-4FAD-9489-2C15CF00F342.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 161
  • E81E2B0F-DC97-4A0B-AEC6-DE22B1EA0555.jpeg
    E81E2B0F-DC97-4A0B-AEC6-DE22B1EA0555.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 8A952685-1070-4D79-B86F-F10EAF605A55.jpeg
    8A952685-1070-4D79-B86F-F10EAF605A55.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 125
Back