What's new
For Sale

jugu

Professional
Reaction score
I need some help. I bought these control panels, as I thought I could use the Taito control panel on my Egret 2. I have since learned, that this is a Taito control panel for Sega Candy Cabinets. I am now looking to unload these panels. Can anyone tell me what these might be worth?

Sega Taito Trackball:
https://app.box.com/s/eeroxs9sqzhreqvmfth3jfifhpnfiyyn
IMG_5167.jpg

Sega Aero City Trackball:
https://app.box.com/s/1p9r0r2ookc34tf4a0q7hmlxhr3xta7r
IMG_5161.jpg

Sega Aero City Trackball Empty:
https://app.box.com/s/471uj6yep59627yjyl2afmytg2fll2kh
IMG_5163.jpg

Sega Trackball Blank (Astro City):
https://app.box.com/s/9ktwbuksg64ivn8i8sfmgwbamos36gsb
IMG_5159.jpg

Sega Mystery (Volleyball?, Soccer?):
https://app.box.com/s/or8zihnav2gmbltnz7ax5hrsqvjtvyd6
IMG_5165.jpg

Thank you!

So YOU are the one who outbid me on that lot. Sorry for driving the price up.

I'm definitely in for the Aero trackball panel. Let me know what you end up asking for it.

I can possibly be interested in Sega Taito one if price is right. Not sure what value is though

Let me know about the sega aero city panel
i have the game to with it
SEGA .SONIC the hedgehog

from what I've seen it's not worth any more or less than a normal 2L12B panel. They are less common, but there is an equally lower amount of people interested in obtaining them so it balances out.

I was under the impression that Sega panels did indeed fit the Egret II they just didn't fully fill out the recess in the panel housing. I've never seen an Egret II specific trackball panel, only the Sega Shaped one. I always thought they did that so the panel could be used on either Sega or Taito cabs.

EDIT:

any chance we could get a pic of the underside of that Taito Panel. the screws coming through on either side of the trackball doesn't look factory to me.

Last edited:
from what I've seen it's not worth any more or less than a normal 2L12B panel. They are less common, but there is an equally lower amount of people interested in obtaining them so it balances out.
That's in reference to the Egret/Sega panel, yeah?

Any ideas on the Aero one?

The Aero one... I actually see them on YAJ about as frequently if not MORE frequently than the factory 2L6B panels, though neither pop up that often. Usually about $80-$100 with trackballs I think.

Also... I have seen some Aero Panels installed in the Taito Egret29 control panel housing. and I believe the E29 has a secondary set of mounting holes for this purpose (though I've never tried installing one myself). The E29 panel is small enough as it is and the Aero panels are even smaller.

The Aero one... I actually see them on YAJ about as frequently if not MORE frequently than the factory 2L6B panels, though neither pop up that often. Usually about $80-$100 with trackballs I think.

Also... I have seen some Aero Panels installed in the Taito Egret29 control panel housing. and I believe the E29 has a secondary set of mounting holes for this purpose (though I've never tried installing one myself). The E29 panel is small enough as it is and the Aero panels are even smaller.
Thanks for the insight. I was looking through completed panel auctions last night, and a few 2L6B's went cheap recently! Of course after I finally found one, haha.

$80-100 seems totally reasonable.

I have a spare blank Aero 2L6B panel if I'm not mistaken. You're welcome to it if you want to try it out in the E29.

I was under the impression that Sega panels did indeed fit the Egret II they just didn't fully fill out the recess in the panel housing. I've never seen an Egret II specific trackball panel, only the Sega Shaped one. I always thought they did that so the panel could be used on either Sega or Taito cabs.

EDIT:

any chance we could get a pic of the underside of that Taito Panel. the screws coming through on either side of the trackball doesn't look factory to me.
The mounting holes did not quite line up on my Egret 2. Also, I'm unable to mount the panel with the trackballs installed, they get in the way. Perhaps if I removed them first, then installed the panel, and finally the trackballs.

There are pictures of the underside here:
https://app.box.com/s/eeroxs9sqzhreqvmfth3jfifhpnfiyyn

I added pictures of me measuring the space beneath as I afraid the trackballs would be too deep.

The mounting holes did not quite line up on my Egret 2
To be clear I have zero experience with the Egret II/3/AWSD and the whole panel compatibility is just something I've heard quite a few people say.

I have a spare blank Aero 2L6B panel if I'm not mistaken. You're welcome to it if you want to try it out in the E29.
I appreciate the offer but the E29 control panel is a right pain in the ass to swap out... it's about 4x as much work as normal Astro Panel so I'm planning on just keeping the original panels where they are :)

If I could run the isometric Sonic game, might be interested in one :>

first panel, ugh what an ugly hack job... they took an arkanoid returns panel , took the spinners and drilled through the panel to mount the trackballs. yah those screw heads gotta feel great when you play.. ouch.

the sega trackballs are worth about 50$ a pop. as is. they are the only ones that will clear a sega panel enclosure.

the sega trackballs are worth about 50$ a pop. as is. they are the only ones that will clear a sega panel enclosure.
I don't know about that... I've bought a bunch in the $15-$30 range on eBay.

now the Trackball I/O for NAOMI... those will run $50 if you can even find one.

lucky you, I've never seen them on ebay, I've had to get them on yahoo japan .

they don't come up often on either site, but in my experience they rarely get more than 1 or 2 bids when they do; actually they seem to go for higher prices on YAJ than on eBay... most USA bidders are more interested in the giant Happ trackballs for MAME setups or classic wood cabs than buying Sega Panel equipment.

Back