What's new

Kitinota

Student
Reaction score
Hi, recently i bought to Yaton a OutRun 2 SP Flash game, i just received but i´m not able to run it., i always get error 25 (CAN NOT ACCESS GD-ROM DRIVE).

I have a Chihiro Type 3 with the lastest sega oficial firmware (i updated with sega oficcial disc for CF-BOX).

What i have to do to run the game?

j5bg8w.jpg

Maybe that flash game adapter is defective. I assume you used a gdrom before? If that still works (usually I should add most of the time nowadays) it means that your chihiro is working as expected.

The cheapest solution is probably a compact flast 2 ide adapter and a compact flash card with the game. You will need to netboot some new unofficial firmware before the unit will accept a non original sega flash card.

It's a bit of work initially, but it works fine. I can guide you in the proces if you intend to go for that solution. Just pm me of let me know here as it might benefit others as well.

If you disconnect your gdrom drive or that adapter, you will receive the exact same error 25.
So it's clear that the chihiro dimm can't communicate with it.

The Chichiro works perfect, I can perfectly use the GD-Rom reader with original discs.

It also works perfectly if I send games for Net with a Raspberry Pi.

So I guess the Flash card will be wrong, I thought you had to configure something to make these Flash cards work

I assume the one you are having is an original sega product.
If that's the case, it should just work as a replacement for a gdrom drive.
Sega had another compact flash card solution, but it only worked with a specific brand of flash cards.
Another brand of compact flash card makes the system reboot after approx. 1 minute.
I recently discovered that my netboot security pic can be used for compact flash as well.
It just requires the change of 1 jumper to switch from netboot to compact flash.

Besides that, the solution you showed should boot into the Japanese version of OR2SP.
If your chihiro region setting is export, the game won't boot. (I can't remember the error code but it's not 25)

You can switch the region when you're in netboot mode (jumper) by pressing the service button
several times (like 30) while being on the version screen of the test menu.

It's a bit complicated to get a game on a compact flash card because you need the card id.
Usb compact flash adapters can't show that info from a compact flash card.

I assume the one you are having is an original sega product.
If that's the case, it should just work as a replacement for a gdrom drive.
It's not an original Sega product.

Try it with the unofficial firmware.

Even a non sega product should work for a minute before the system resets and shows an error screen. (And that's not error 25)
So it won't work with the unofficial firmware either.

It doesn't hurt to update to the unofficial firmware as it prepares the system for generic compact flash card use.

I bought the same gd rom replacement. One is maybe defective as it was damaged during the transport and gives me error 25.
The other one is loading the game and then gives me an error 05 ( This game is not acceptable by the main board ).
Can the error 05 mean that i need 1gb Ram for the game?

I think yours is not working...

Changed region to japan now its working and error 05 is gone...
Loading speed is awfull, 8:39....

So it takes 8:39 minutes to load and start the game?

I am working on a chihiro multi solution. It will use 2 compact flash cards. One will basically replace the dimm functionallity. So it won't be needed to load the games into the dimm first, as they already are on the correct media.

The other compact flash card (netboot is an option as well) contains a small program that makes it possible to start the games from the compact flash card (instead of the netdimm). As that program is small, it won't take long to load.

That's pretty much the idea.

Outrun 1 on chihiro is a bit a proof of concept that homebrew on the chihiro is in fact possible. Maybe using april first as release date wasn't the best move. I had hoped at least one person would have tried it, but pretty much everyone thought it was an april fools joke.
The way how it was presented was the joke, but the thing should work. The image wasn't completed when I posted the video, so I could only post the link later on that day.

Outrun 1 on chihiro is a bit a proof of concept that homebrew on the chihiro is in fact possible. Maybe using april first as release date wasn't the best move. I had hoped at least one person would have tried it, but pretty much everyone thought it was an april fools joke.
I was afraid to open the rar file. I was afraid to get another virus!

No need to worry, I don't consider sending people a file with a virus a Joke.

Back