What's new

Hatsune Mike

Champion
Reaction score
Those chassis are use and scrap, on the main there is little board placed vertically it should control the hv but if something go wrong in this little bastard, the Cassis just kill the the tube in one sec , releasing itself in "overload protection" Or in the worst case just ready to destroy another next tube!!!
You will never be able to repair this little board and also you should not risk to destroy another tube!
The board uses an IC that can be acquired NOS from a few vendors, and aside from two capacitors this board is not too fragile.

Mukuro_W

Student
Reaction score
The board uses an IC that can be acquired NOS from a few vendors, and aside from two capacitors this board is not too fragile.
Unluckely the ic (MPC..) is not the issue you can easily replace this and the chassis will remain in protection or ready to destroy another tube, most likely any other smd fuse resistor or t.. Still not find out a solution but slso not want spent any other minutes on this chassis.. As far as I know the only one I know who repair or still try to repair those chassis is located in Spain and he is very good at repair maybe he can find a solution.

Last edited:

klee123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thought of this terrifies the heck out of me since these tubes are so hard to come by and these chassis are known to be a pain to work with.

Considering selling my blast and getting an Astro instead. Or maybe just wait for Axun to open up the preorders again for a supergun set up in the end lol.

Last edited:

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
The thought of this terrifies the heck out of my since these tubes are so hard to come by and these chassis are known to be a pain to work with.

Considering selling my blast and getting an Astro instead. Or maybe just wait for Axun to open up the preorders again for a supergun set up in the end lol.

Actually, I find suitable TV donor tubes that are a fitment replacement match for MS293x monitors quite readily, at least in the US. For every 27" curved donor I pick up, 4-of-10 will work for the MS293x. The rest get recycled. Maybe it is different in AU?

Donor TV tubes for MS8/9 monitors are impossible to find. As of yet, I've only found MS8/9 donor tubes can only be sac'ed from other arcade brand monitors like Kortek.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Don't give up @klee123 -- you're not going to find an Astro easier locally and the Blast is a nice machine when up and running.

I'd give Joey (Jomac) a call and genuinely explain to him all that's going on. He's a top bloke and can probably help out or give solid advice. You can just drop him an e-mail to the address on his website if you don't wanna call.

He's helped me out in the direst of situations in the past.

Mukuro_W

Student
Reaction score
Don't give up @klee123 -- you're not going to find an Astro easier locally and the Blast is a nice machine when up and running.

I'd give Joey (Jomac) a call and genuinely explain to him all that's going on. He's a top bloke and can probably help out or give solid advice. You can just drop him an e-mail to the address on his website if you don't wanna call.

Joey, is the only one who can doing something, he is the best technician for monitor chassis all over the world, he just no more service any chassis outside the Australia but I hope he will do an exception!

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Yep, we’re extremely lucky to have him. Not only talented but a great and genuine person too.

Mukuro_W

Student
Reaction score
Yep, we’re extremely lucky to have him. Not only talented but a great and genuine person too.
15 Years ago I talked with him, I was from Italy, was just an honour for me! Great person and a precious resource!

klee123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I find suitable TV donor tubes that are a fitment replacement match for MS293x monitors quite readily, at least in the US. For every 27" curved donor I pick up, 4-of-10 will work for the MS293x. The rest get recycled. Maybe it is different in AU?

Donor TV tubes for MS8/9 monitors are impossible to find. As of yet, I've only found MS8/9 donor tubes can only be sac'ed from other arcade brand monitors like Kortek.
I'd say availablity would be the likely reason, however from what I've read the Astro MS9 Monitors/Chassis are generally more reliable? At least people I know who service Arcade monitor chassis are willing to service those over the MS293X.

Well, I'm going to give neckboard on the replacement 2930 a test, so definitely not giving up :thumbup: . Thankfully the replacement chassis is working(and god is the replacement tube is so nice), just need to sort out the missing blue color.