What's new
Want To Buy

Zitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone im currently purchasing a big blue dynamo cab its been converted to a bowling at some stage i am turning it into a ssf2t i require some parts such as the power supply , the capcom qsound amp setup and the big type marquee if anyone had any of these items please let me know , cheers guys

Attachments

• C0C80479-19A2-4F9C-8187-A24B34C05C54.jpeg
    C0C80479-19A2-4F9C-8187-A24B34C05C54.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 49
very cool of you to save that big blue.

That's a gen 1 big blue, and luckily they have recently reproduced those pesky metal control panels. I can try to connect you with the guy who reproduces them. I think they are about $150 shipped.

The q sound amp set up is going to be hard to find. There's some on ebay from france, but they are priced pretty high. Also, gen 1 big blues did not come with Q sound. It was just gen 2 and gen 3 with the oversized control panels.

Any switching arcade power supply should work. Does that cab work? Also those marquees are reproduced. I got mine from ebay, had some plexi cut to size at home depot and it worked well. Let me know if you have any questions, I love the big blues and have restored a few now!

Yeah mate here in Australia they are super rare so for me to own one its kind of like a goal for me

oh ok well actually this one comes with a sf control panel ill link pic but the ones you talk about do they come with the artwork on them?

yeah i was afraid of this its to my understanding i can just use any type of stereo amp but i would like to do this properly ok cool ill check ebay

the cab has no gameboard in it im afraid
So its not running at this moment

awesome you have restored a few what is the sound like in these models

Attachments

• D96C1079-FD04-48AE-8655-F26A18137B16.jpeg
    D96C1079-FD04-48AE-8655-F26A18137B16.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 46
if you have that panel then that's great. When they get converted to bowling/gold cabs they butcher the control panel. The reproduction panels are just bare metal, but they dont have the giant trackball hole in the middle.

The sound is great, even without the q sound amp. I have a q sound cab and definitely notice the difference. I just don't think its $150 difference. (Price of a q sound amp on ebay)

Maybe you can start with a stero amp first and keep an eye out for a q sound set up. Eventually they pop up. All the artwork is readily available, I got my art from escapepod.com

Back