What's new

Grahi

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a supposed to be working Namco N2 game board from Yaton.

The item arrived and unfortunately it's faulty.

It powers on but nothing is showing up. I have tested on a working cabinet and even tried changing the ram, gpu, cpu from a working board and still no luck.

The motherboard is faulty. Yaton sent me a faulty board.

I have emailed him back for a refund or send me a working one. I haven't got his reply back yet but will give him a week otherwise will file a complaint through my bank.

Has anyone experienced this before? Like receiving a faulty item from Yaton. If so, did he try to give you a refund or sent you a working one?

I bought 3 sun power supplies from him a couple of years ago. 1 was dead, but he sent me a replacement one. (I requested a replacement)

Same situation with the communication though. He was very slow to respond.

Use the search function on this forum and you can quickly find that Yaton was banned from Arcade Projects a while back due to numerous issues with numerous forum members. While I wouldn't call him a scammer, he is known to be risky to deal with. In a way, it's a similar situation as KC, if you are familiar with him.

Use the search function on this forum and you can quickly find that Yaton was banned from Arcade Projects a while back due to numerous issues with numerous forum members. While I wouldn't call him a scammer, he is known to be risky to deal with. In a way, it's a similar situation as KC, if you are familiar with him.
I am not sure who's KC but could you share his post so I can read through it?

Thanks

I should have been more clear.

KC is a well known arcade cab seller in Southern California who is also banned from Arcade Projects for reasons similar to Yaton (mainly poor communication).

Yaton has repeatedly stiffed people on cabinets, once with an entire container of them. It's absolutely past the point of poor communication and into the realm of legitimately bad seller/scammer/whatever. When you're changing paypal addresses every other month, and spinning up new eBay accounts, you know they've become an actual problem. If folks want to roll the dice on parts or whatever, that's on them at this point, but you can't really defend the operation. It's just scummy business now.

FWIW, like everyone else, I've done a ton of business with Yaton in the past, and things were great. Sure, I got my share of tampon and cereal boxes with pubic hair in them, but things were cheap and they worked, and when they didn't he made it right. The past 3-4 years here though it's all gone downhill drastically and seems to get worse by the year. He should be judged by his recent transactions, and the community as a whole really needs to stop judging him by orders made many moons ago.

Here's 11 pages of issues, and there are some other threads around as well if you search around @Grahi .

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/negative-feedback-for-yaton.22750/

I’d call him a scammer :)

It may very well be deserved. I've never actually bought from Yaton before so I don't have a strong opinion on the matter either way. There's enough issues out in public that I would avoid if I can.

Back