What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
To preface, I understand how @YATON operates, as well as his track record. I understand the risks I took ordering from him.

With that said, here's my recent experience. Bought some Vewlix parts from him; larger stuff like doors, entire control panels. As such, it was basically no more expensive for me to ship to just buy a Cewlix and crate it all together. Long production time on that, fine. Long period to arrange shipping, fine. I'm very patient, understand the gig an all. About 2 months ago, I was notified that the container was seized by customs and all goods lost, that I should get a refund of $2,300 (total cost was $2,314.99). There has now been no response for 2 months, messages unread.

Again, I know the reputation and risk I took in this order, but that doesn't negate the negative feedback I have to give about the experience. Since he is not responding to direct messages, I am leaving this feedback in hope of resolution.

To preface, I understand how @YATON operates, as well as his track record. I understand the risks I took ordering from him.

Again, I know the reputation and risk I took in this order.
Welcome to global shipping these days. It's all a risk, even with reputable importers and shipping vendors. It's all a risk, even for small items.

I'm hoping Yaton reaches out to you, watching this post

after buying 2 400-5261 psus and recieving 2 400-5198s, then buying 3 cabs (aero, blast, and nac) and having 2 of them come not working (blast chassis broken, no red gun. NAC chassis ripped off of neck and frame, wires ripped out and chassis laying on the floor) i refuse to do business with yaton. not to mention the terrible paint jobs he puts on all of his cabs and pretty much oversprayed on all parts.

For anyone who doesn't ever visit the FB groups or other forums, he also tried to stiff a member (who's rarely on here) on an entire container of cabs. Yaton's not the same risk level he was years ago.

Yaton was good for cheap MVS carts in the early 00's but today I wouldn't even bother. His shit is filthy as all hell.

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear about this.

I was debating to wait or call out Yaton as well. I purchased a MVU4 from him several months ago for 1k. He was supposed to hold it until he found another cab for me to ship them together to save on shipping cost. He never found the other cab so I asked him to ship the MVU4. He told me he did not have it anymore... so I asked for a refund. He keep telling me he can't do Paypal, and no wire transfers either. Last I hear from him about a month ago, he was saying he could only do Alipay. I don't use nor can get an Alipay account. It was just excuse after excuse for a while...

As you mentioned, I have also sent him direct messages on Facebook and they show delivered but not read. He rarely gets on anymore...

I have purchased parts and cabs from him in the past and never had issues. I was surprised he has been avoiding me and has not given me my refund. I paid him with Paypal but it's long past the dispute date now so....

Last edited:
Are you not in the same line of business as Yaton? Making a negative feedback thread for him in hopes of coming up with a resolution also kind of looks like a weird business tactic to make your competition look bad. Just my two cents.
Are you suggesting that I’m not allowed to voice a bad experience because I also deal in cabs? That makes you look bad. Just my two cents.

Yaton is an exporter from China. I’m an importer in the US that only imports from Japan. There is literally no overlap in what we sell. To call us competition is to completely misunderstand what we do.

For anyone who doesn't ever visit the FB groups or other forums, he also tried to stiff a member (who's rarely on here) on an entire container of cabs. Yaton's not the same risk level he was years ago.
i believe that was my friend bill. know him from the laserdisc fb group. was a group buy or something. i heard about it when i posted on fb a while ago

Welcome to global shipping these days.
This comment just struck me as funny, given who started the thread. You're not wrong though.

Making a negative feedback thread for him in hopes of coming up with a resolution also kind of looks like a weird business tactic to make your competition look bad.
Don't be a clown.

The one thing Yaton was still genuinely useful for is getting parts like doors etc. You didn't care if they were grimey, and they're hard to come by. If even that is becoming too much of a headache I can't see why anyone should bother doing business with him.

I don't know. I was just kind of seeing a pattern.
Screenshot_20220813-123226.png

You wanna talk about the journalism involved in that article, this isn’t the place to do it, nor do you even remotely sound interested in any of the truth behind that, just interested in stirring up trouble. The door is that way.

Screenshot_20220813-123226.png
Difference is Yaton and Cereth don't even sell the same things. You can't buy a CRT cab or random doors off of Cereth, and you can't buy Vewlixes and rhythm games off of Yaton. There's no crossover.

This isn't Ford knocking GMC, it's Ford knocking Harley. Yes, they both exist in the same rough industry (transportation), but one sells automobiles and the other sells motorcycles.

Oh you mean the part where he's saying negative things about people who are screwing over customers? This probably isn't the place to be defending KC, he's banned from selling here for being shitty and screwing people over...

I've also seen a pattern but its of Cereth promoting sellers/importers who are good and actually are direct competition.

I stayed neutral for a while when I saw people post this kind of Cereth slander but at this point I've seen enough evidence to show he's a good dude who's mostly speaking truths (but gets understandably frustrated/terse with people who don't read shit). Please consider being a member of the community instead of mindlessly stirring shit!

This probably isn't the place to be defending KC, he's banned from selling here for being shitty and screwing people over...
My understanding is he's banned from selling here because he wouldn't put prices and pictures per site policy.

Screwing people doesn't get you kicked off of here (see Yaton, time and again).

The best defense the community has is sharing issues. You get kicked off AP you can still sell on FB or whatever, but if people speak up your rep follows you around.

The last shit show thread we had here ended up full of dorks going "why didn't anyone say ordering from China was bad?"

So, unless someone has evidence that Cereth is making all this up and lying about Yaton, shut the fuck up and stop trying to hurt the community by silencing legit feedback.

The last shit show thread we had here ended up full of dorks going "why didn't anyone say ordering from China was bad?"
I honestly think it's a reading-things-you-don't-want-to-hear issue. People share, but no one listens. People actually read "Hey, this guy almost screwed over a well known hobbyist to the tune of an entire container of cabs, the only reason there was any recourse is Amex rules" and then actually still placed an order /for cabs/ with him thinking things would work out smoothly.

I also know you're not talking about Yaton in your example, but the mindset is the same. "Well, just because so-and-so got screwed doesn't mean I will, and this saves me $200 over going with someone legit."

Back