What's new
Short Feedback regarding the SMD adapter:
It seems there usually would be a clamp, which is "missing".

I'll try to design something to push the chip down... As it is now it's not really usable.
+1 this should be a 2-part product. looks like the aliexpress sellers are only selling the bottom "half"

Pictures and dimensions of the missing piece
https://www.weltronics.com.cn/resou...k/201611/177dea7f775b5294c7002759b3d00a81.pdf

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 11.04.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-08 at 11.04.17 PM.png

Should be easy enough to model, might be quite hard to print on FDM given the very fine details. Resin maybe?

Thanks for pointing this out!
I had the datasheet but absolutely missed that part.
Fdm might still work. Even though the cover looks very thin it should still work at even 0.8mm wall thickness I guess 🤔

And the little dents should also be big enough I hope.

I Just tinkered a little bit and this should be as close as i can get.
Well not exactly as i mapped the dimensions to be in 0.4mm steps so my printer can print it.

it should work but i couldn't test it by now.

image.png

Attachments

• SSOP70_inlay.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 23
I have done another patch for uni-bios that enables pick'n mix for the Vortex multicart. There are some features/limitations/bugs :
- Always boots to PICKnMIX, even with a normal game cartridge.
- Works on MVS only (backup RAM used to store soft dips).
- No high score save.
- Tested on a MV1A only.
- Game list (titles and order) is hardcoded. The custom 161in1 cart must have been created with this one: uni-bios_4_0_PICKnMIX.csv.

The patch is available here: https://github.com/zardam/ub_vortex_multicart (uni-bios_4_0_PICKnMIX.bps)

The most recent 161-in-1 cart has 4 different flash ICs. I've now made about a dozen of these (not a big sample size) but I did notice a disturbing trend that some might want to be aware of. While the PROM, SROM and MROM flash chips are solid, not all the F0095H0's are made equally. I've had 3 of them fail on me during programming (from 3 different donor boards) Most common failure is hanging on writing to a specific sector on the same bank.

I'm not sure if this is caused due to these recycled flash chips being abused in their past life and they finally gave up during the reprogramming stage. Or maybe they've always been questionable and 161-in-1 makers shipped these with some sector flaws to customers thinking that the chances a buyer ever finds the bad sector during game play is nil.

Whatever the case is, when we reprogram these, we exercise every sector and now you uncover all their potential flaws. Also, FWIW, all 3 ICs came from AES carts.

Would the decrypted Kof 99 rom from the NeoRageX 0.6 romset work on the 161 in 1?
It has all the stuff from the final version but has a 128Kb S-Rom.

The best way to reverse engineer the 161 in 1 cart is to smash it with a hammer and buy Darksofts MVS kit.

Would the decrypted Kof 99 rom from the NeoRageX 0.6 romset work on the 161 in 1?
It has all the stuff from the final version but has a 128Kb S-Rom.
Finally got my 161 in 1 working. I somehow ended up with a vtxcartmain directory that had the cpld files from before the 3gb patch, but the newer compiler. Took me forever to figure out what my problem was, sheesh. Working good now. big thanks to Vortex and everyone involved in helping with this project.

As for the neoragex rom of kof99, yes it works. Just tested it.

I Just tinkered a little bit and this should be as close as i can get.
Well not exactly as i mapped the dimensions to be in 0.4mm steps so my printer can print it.
I found it easier to just use the bottom portion of those, and a couple of clips like you'd use on a bag of chips to hold the chip in place. Tried 2 different style SSOP sockets, including the one @hatmoose pictured above there, and neither one works as well as you'd expect it to after 10+ uses unfortunately.

Back