What's new
I have a couple of the super n in 1. One of them is the 64 in 1. I forget what the other is.

I don't play them because the games that are extra (compared to 161 in 1) have incorrect music and possibly other things wrong with them.

I have a couple of the super n in 1. One of them is the 64 in 1. I forget what the other is.

I don't play them because the games that are extra (compared to 161 in 1) have incorrect music and possibly other things wrong with them.
There are a fair number of them with the same name but very different quality. I was speaking of the one with 58 games. Not found a title with issues outside of the rom hacks.

It also acts like a stock cart after you select a game in a multi slot system. So once you pick Waku Waku 7 you can cycle the game slots and it acts like a real cart. They’re made for arcade owners not home hobbyists, which I like.

There are a fair number of them with the same name but very different quality. I was speaking of the one with 58 games. Not found a title with issues outside of the rom hacks.

It also acts like a stock cart after you select a game in a multi slot system. So once you pick Waku Waku 7 you can cycle the game slots and it acts like a real cart. They’re made for arcade owners not home hobbyists, which I like.
If you are "/u/sarduchi" from the Reddit post, I believe I have that same exact cart from your post.

Off the top of my head, I remember ghost pilots music is missing at least 1 instrument.

I'm pretty sure this is the same cart:

US $32.39 10%OFF | Secondhand SNK 64 In 1 MVS Arcade Classic Games Cartridge Used In NeoGeo MV1B MV1C MV1FZ Chinese game list English Menu
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0bvojg

Last edited:
If you are "/u/sarduchi" from the Reddit post, I believe I have that same exact cart from your post.

Off the top of my head, I remember ghost pilots music is missing at least 1 instrument.

I'm pretty sure this is the same cart:

US $32.39 10%OFF | Secondhand SNK 64 In 1 MVS Arcade Classic Games Cartridge Used In NeoGeo MV1B MV1C MV1FZ Chinese game list English Menu
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0bvojg

Interesting... will have to test ghost pilot on mine. The first of the two cartridges in the link you provided looks right, but it's not available. It's a bait and switch to the new ones (tan PCB in clear case), which are trash.

I just got both 161-in-1 cartridges I own out of storage. Both have the same yellow case and the same "Series 1" label. The one I got earlier worked with pick'n'mix, the one I got more recently didn't.

Interesting... will have to test ghost pilot on mine. The first of the two cartridges in the link you provided looks right, but it's not available. It's a bait and switch to the new ones (tan PCB in clear case), which are trash.
Good to know.

I was able to get A few of the black one for $20.00 over the summer.

It has a green PCB. With "GAME TIME WCH 20081010" printed at top of back PCB.

Hello everybody. Recently I've received a new 161-in-1 multicart from Aliexpress. This is the version 3. I want to share photos of PCB and chips with you. It might be useful for future RE.

Attachments

• cha_back.jpg
    cha_back.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 273
  • label.jpg
    label.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 223
  • cpld.jpg
    cpld.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 209
  • stc.jpg
    stc.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 200
  • s1_m1.jpg
    s1_m1.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 190
  • p1_p3.jpg
    p1_p3.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 198
  • c_v.jpg
    c_v.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 235
  • prog_back.jpg
    prog_back.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 261
  • prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 311
  • cha.jpg
    cha.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 307
It's a pity that @rockbottom hasn't appeared on this forum for a long time.
The project is very interesting and useful. Even in V3 there are problems with games and I really want to re-flash this cart.
I currently began to reverse and study the V3 boards.
It is almost like the previous, but differs with 1.27mm headers for stilts.
I developed three boards for my STM32 dev board for programming P, S_M and C_V chips.
I'll keep you informed.

Another (crazy) approach is to program the cart boards right in the slot. To do this, we need two 120-pin slots and a MCU.
Unfortunately, some pins (WP#, etc.) are hard-wired in the cart's PCB, so I decided to start with separate boards first.

Attachments

• boards.png
    boards.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Progress time...

PCB's are arrived and assembled.

Dumped S and M ROMs. It was easy. No scrambling.
S-ROM has 128K fixed slots.
M-ROM has 256K fixed slots.

P-ROM was tricky.
There is scrambling both at address and data. I was ready for it and I did it.

Here we go: V3 menu in the MAME debugger.

Next is C-V ROM's.
The most difficult part is to unsolder these stilt boards.
Stay tuned.

Attachments

• p_sm_dump.jpg
    p_sm_dump.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 1,083
  • mame.png
    mame.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 275
Bonus: 64-in-1 PCB photo:
64-in-1 has a very good set of games, missing in 161-in-1 (includes WW7). It is working well (after a little tweaking of caps and reg).
It has 1 gig of "classic" MSP55LV100S memory. Expandable up to 1.5 gigs. I think it can be reprogrammed too.

Attachments

• 1687061795044.jpg
    1687061795044.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 1687061795030.jpg
    1687061795030.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 1687061795015.jpg
    1687061795015.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 1687061794996.jpg
    1687061794996.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Today I've stick with menu. Wrote a program that patches the Original menu, adding/replacing new games there.
Also was written tool that compiles the game list and generates an a address matrix, new ROM dumps and verilog state machine for CPLD's.

Attachments

• menu.png
    menu.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 235
  • matrix.png
    matrix.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 227
Today I've stick with menu. Wrote a program that patches the Original menu, adding/replacing new games there.
Also was written tool that compiles the game list and generates an a address matrix, new ROM dumps and verilog state machine for CPLD's.
🤩🤩 awesome!! Wow this forum is full of coding wizards! Great work!

Do you think it will be fully possible to make the list completely custom? Removing all hacks and adding the missing ones?

Last edited:
This is really incredible. I would love the ability one day to modify your own 161-1 cart with new flash roms to add the missing games.

This is astonishing good news!

The "killer app" for me would be hiding many of the pointless variations/hacks from the menu - one version of KOF99 is plenty, don't need the other three pages of green-pants-with-gold-shoes variants :)

Right there with ya @hatmoose . That's the main thing that's kept me from coping one of these. I just want to be able to remove all the crap and keep the good/legitimate games on the list.

@Vortex Very cool work, watching with interest.

Back