What's new
Schematics are there so it's not that bad to be fair just VERY time consuming and annoying / fiddly.
That style ram is annoying on a good day. To change with rotten tracks and adding jumper wires was a bitch...
Amazing work hammy mate i wouldnt know where to start with all that so a true pat on the back is needed.
Im so shocked its working that board was an absolute mess, just hope my sound board and gun board are all working ok haha

Thanks bro great work

I also have one of these boards. Not working.

Just for repairs, do I need the original PSU with the three voltages? Or just a +5V psu?

I also have one of these boards. Not working.

Just for repairs, do I need the original PSU with the three voltages? Or just a +5V psu?
the sound board gets its power off the transformer (Williams and their copy protection schemes), so only +5V is needed. if you don't have the cabinet with the original transformer then you'll have to get creative with how you power the sound board.

I have a whole box full of broken RevX boards. if it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet the problem is the surface mount caps on the CPU board outgas and leak and demolish all traces around them.

Back