What's new

nnap

Professional
Reaction score
I always wanted a Rhythm Tengoku Panel for my Naomi Universal Cab. After seeing skate's Panel, I reached out to Alberto.
He said that he already had a panel that would fit the original Sanwa buttons, just in smaller sizes to fit the available space. After a Rakuten -> Buyee journey I had the buttons in hand and Alberto sent me a panel.
As always the quality of the panel is fantastic and the buttons were a perfect fit. Alberto also sent me the stickers that go into the buttons.

After a lot of crimping I had the buttons wired up. Two connectors for P1/P2 and a third custom one for the lights.
IMG_0726.jpeg

The panel is a perfect fit and works great.
IMG_0696.jpeg

To make the lights work I had to switch the I/O in my NUC from a type 1 to a type 3.
IMG_0728.jpeg

Buttons used are:

2 x OBSAX-C30UM (Start Button)
4 x OBSAX-C45UM (A/B Buttons)
8 x OBSAX-C30UK (Directional Buttons)

bought from the Sanwa Denshi Store on Rakuten via Buyee:
https://buyee.jp/rakuten/shopping/store/top/sanwadenshi

thanks a lot to Alberto for the fantastic work on his panels!

Last edited:
Amazing work. We’re the buttons costly?

the buttons are quite expensive but I was able to buy them without the LEDs. That brought the price down by about 7 USD per button which is a lot. Then I just installed normal 5V LEDs. The sockets in the buttons can handle up to 30V.

Great work! The illumination wiring is totally worth the IO upgrade, it's so nice how the game instructions light up the buttons to show you how to play each minigame.

thanks skate, your post really triggered this build. I am waiting for some RGB stripes to put them near the speakers and wire them up on the I/O. Should be fun.

I'd love to have something similar for an Egret 2 :) Great job!
reach out to Alberto, he can adjust the cutouts in the panel for other buttons. Maybe he can work something out for the Egret 2.

Back