What's new
Works perfect on them 100 doller 246c's from alliexpress

Attachments

• 20231009_172614.jpg
    20231009_172614.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 47
What I/O are you using? I was able to navigate the test menu just fine using both my original Namco FCA pcb and the NA-JV2 I/O

after trying it in a Tekken 5 cab and still didn't allow me to do anything in the service menu, I figured it out, by reading the manual ! shocker!
Your normally have a test and service switch ... but RRV also has an select button AND a up/Down button! will try and rig that up

rr5.jpg

I find that odd considering that every drive I tried worked flawlessly with SC3
it freeze ... and black screen. Time crisis 3 freee-freee-frreee-freee-freee-ze as well.
Changing the drive back to the lite-on HDP118 and it works fine.

Does this eliminate FF? What about intermittent in-game ERROR 7 for those of us still running the dedicated arcade cabinet on route? :)

ERROR 7 pops up even when It's not pots, bad wiring, bad psu, bad motor, bad motor board, or bad 246A.

Does this eliminate FF? What about intermittent in-game ERROR 7 for those of us still running the dedicated arcade cabinet on route? :)

ERROR 7 pops up even when It's not pots, bad wiring, bad psu, bad motor, bad motor board, or bad 246A.
Do you know when this error pops up? Like around specific hour? I did run RRV for at least 2 hours and it ran just fine

Do you know when this error pops up? Like around specific hour? I did run RRV for at least 2 hours and it ran just fine
The error occurs when the pot sends a value to the logic which it does not anticipate. Much like how a triforce with reset if you send it a pot signal from steering it does not allow (full 360 motion for example). New pots did not address it. Usually only when kids (99% of the people who play it) are too aggressive with the wheel does it pop up. It's at a non-supervised location right now and I've just sold the machine to a friend who runs a freeplay supervised arcade so he'll be able to power cycle it or w/e it needs should that error pop up in the future, instead of it being out of service for a full day because of error 7.

Namco does this with a lot of their racing games which have force feedback and it is a total pain for street operators like myself. Dependability is king. Another great example is Mario Kart GP.

Hmm, I don’t have a full setup to see if this happens but maybe @Mrhide can test this out? To my understanding, the patch completely removes all checks related to the FFB board

This one was the issue:

IMG_8878.jpeg

First lg drive, not working
IMG_8881.jpeg

gave this error:
IMG_8884r.jpg

Then this one
IMG_8880.jpeg

Gave me this!

Thanks again! This was fun!
(And no, the force feedback does not work but i still can’t navigate the test menu…)
Still doesn't work for me! Even with the same drive

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_144644.jpg
    IMG_20231207_144644.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20231207_144649.jpg
    IMG_20231207_144649.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 36
Back