What's new

lorizzuoso

Student
Reaction score
Today I'll be releasing the force feedback patch for Ridge Racer V!

This game requires several components to run but thanks to this patch you can now play it with just your I/O board!

Here are some screenshots! :
Screenshot_2023-09-28_00-56-57.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-01_02-57-10.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-01_02-59-51.jpg

And a video of the game in action! :

Screenshots and video are made by @Franco23444.

Download Here!

Last edited:
so exactly was does this remove from the requirements? do I still need the memory addon board? *(If I remember Franco's testing properly?) *

edit: after searching Franco did in fact say : "Wangan Midnight and WMR will work without them connected, however you will need the 64MB RAM expansion or a secondary 32MB RAM card." ... so I remembered wrong! which is good! :D

Last edited:
so exactly was does this remove from the requirements? do I still need the memory addon board? *(If I remember Franco's testing properly?) *
This patch removes the STR force feedback board check so you don’t need it :)
RRV runs fine on 32MB of RAM which all 246 units come stock with.
IMG_3568.jpeg

Last edited:
nice.
Been wanting to try these for a while:

Attachments

• IMG_8877.jpeg
    IMG_8877.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 50
This one was the issue:

IMG_8878.jpeg

First lg drive, not working
IMG_8881.jpeg

gave this error:
IMG_8884r.jpg

Then this one
IMG_8880.jpeg

Gave me this!

Thanks again! This was fun!
(And no, the force feedback does not work but i still can’t navigate the test menu…)

Last edited:
And no, the force feedback does not work but i still can’t navigate the test menu
What I/O are you using? I was able to navigate the test menu just fine using both my original Namco FCA pcb and the NA-JV2 I/O

What I/O are you using? I was able to navigate the test menu just fine using both my original Namco FCA pcb and the NA-JV2 I/O
The fca 2 remember?
maybe it's the way wangan is wired? again ... not a big deal :) I'm happy to be able to play another game in there!

sorry to spam this nice thread but that dvd allowed me to finally boot tekken 4 as well!! w00t!

Attachments

• IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 51
The fca 2 remember?
maybe it's the way wangan is wired? again ... not a big deal :) I'm happy to be able to play another game in there!
Yeah, I only have the first FCA version, like you said, probably your Wangan is wired differently

This one was the issue:

IMG_8878.jpeg

First lg drive, not working
IMG_8881.jpeg

gave this error:
IMG_8884r.jpg

Then this one
IMG_8880.jpeg

Gave me this!

Thanks again! This was fun!
(And no, the force feedback does not work but i still can’t navigate the test menu…)
So dvr 111dbk works fine for you? I need to get working drive because my ones don't get on with CDs

Back