What's new

guano

Beginner
Reaction score
I was playing Rockman 2. I finished the first wave of bosses and if I remember correctly, as the second section was loading the whole screen turned to text. The text was changing and the music was still playing. Here is a screenshot of the output.

Can someone tell me if they have this issue with this game?

What are we looking at here?

Thanks!
image.jpeg

That text contains the reason why the CPU crashed: "LINE 1111 emulator"
At memory address 7BF2301A. The CPU is never supposed to reach that memory area for instruction fetches.

The Dx/Ax stuff are the CPU registers (there are 16 32bit registers) and finally the bottom stuff is the contents of the work RAM.

That screen is displayed when the program executes a unexpected interruption (error). Capcom usually disables that and make the games restart on a crash. You understand why I re-enable that feature, right? So silly crashes like this can be reported and fixed. :)

Let us know if the fix works for you.

Hello l_oliveira, can you please send me the fix, I have a similar problem at the end boss of level 1. I looked in the post and I see an attachment is supposed to be here , but I cannot find it. I am including an image so you can see what happened. just as with guano the sound continued to play.

Attachments

• megaman1.jpg
    megaman1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
actually I already have that patch installed, I checked the file dates on both megaman versions, it is not exactly the same as the crash guano described as I did not get any text at all, it just locked up and the sound kept playing.

That report doesn't help at all.

Please play it again and if it crashes again, please push buttons until the crash information shows on the screen. Without the crash information I can't help you.

Also you didn't even tell me which path you were playing. There's three different versions of that boss and each version uses different parts of the game program.

Edit:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30968

That's a good bug report. If you happen to find the bug again, post here with that format (picture of the CPU registers dump and error condition) and what you were doing in the game and I'll try my best to replicate the bug and try to understand what is going on.

Last edited:
Ok, here is what I have found out so far, Sorry about the vagueness of my answers, but I am not the only one trying this when it fails.

When you play megaman 2 - either the USA or Asia version, you will get the lockup above - just a frozen screen with sound still playing, nothing else, I tried moving around hitting random buttons, for over 2 minutes, it did absolutely nothing, just remained locked up, just like in the screen image shown above, however when you try rockman 2 - Japanese , we got this, sorry about it looking a little cockeyed, but my phone ran out of battery and the other image looked blurred, hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 274
Ok, here is what I have found out so far, Sorry about the vagueness of my answers, but I am not the only one trying this when it fails.

When you play megaman 2 - either the USA or Asia version, you will get the lockup above - just a frozen screen with sound still playing, nothing else, I tried moving around hitting random buttons, for over 2 minutes, it did absolutely nothing, just remained locked up, just like in the screen image shown above, however when you try rockman 2 - Japanese , we got this, sorry about it looking a little cockeyed, but my phone ran out of battery and the other image looked blurred, hope this helps.
It helps identify that you have the same set with the same problem that the OP reported.

Please update your SD card files (just the files related to Rockman/Megaman2) as the fix was already posted on this forum. That should solve your problem and allow you to enjoy this great game.

@ Darksoft:

Is it possible to make sure people no longer download the faulty set? I am sure that will help people not getting frustrated. :)

It helps identify that you have the same set with the same problem that the OP reported.
Please update your SD card files (just the files related to Rockman/Megaman2) as the fix was already posted on this forum. That should solve your problem and allow you to enjoy this great game.

@ Darksoft:

Is it possible to make sure people no longer download the faulty set? I am sure that will help people not getting frustrated. :)
Maybe time for a new Avalaunch set zipped up and put in a sticky? Possibly with all the various patched roms (all the various unlocked roms for example) in a second one?

I know I haven't used mine in a few months due to moving, when I get it unpacked (and crackle fixed) I'm gonna reformat and start from scratch.

I think we desperately need a new release of a full set but I'm not sure if Ian has the time.

Hey guys, I just got my cps2 multi and Rock Man 2 and Mega Man 2 are both crashing on me.

To try and fix it I copied my games folder onto my desktop (Windows 10). Then copied the patched roms into megaman2adm and megaman2dm. I then formatted my SD card (using Windows built in formatting, did not select quick format), and once done I copied the games folder back onto the SD card.

Rock Man 2 boots fine. I start a single player game, choose Mega Man as my character, and play the Roll path. I play through each stage in order. Once I get to the clay boss, as soon as the fight is about to start, I get what looks like the same crash as in the first post.

3ItvSZwl.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Why am I failing to fix the game?

For Mega Man 2, I do the exact same steps. But when it gets to the clay boss, it locks up just like in ccatalyst's post. No matter what I do I can't get it to show the dump screen like in Rock Man 2.

EDIT: forgot to mention, after rewriting to the SD card, I reflashed the game by flashing over to a different game then back to Rock Man 2.

Last edited:
That bug has been fixed almost a year ago. You're in better shape deleting all the files of your SD and re-downloading a updated pack from Smokemonster's thread.

There's been a lot of fixes for a lot of the games in the multi collection.

That particular crash happens when the Yellow Devil (the yellow cyclops monster) use a move where he split on three minor copies of himself and that only happens on the rescue Roll history.

ok, I'm wiping my card now. But just thought I'd point out it's crashing for me well before the fight starts.

Make sure you use the newest rollup and let us know if it is still crashing.

I grabbed the latest rom set from Smokemonster's thread. Formatted my card, put the new set on, and I still get the same crash.

The crash happens during the cyclops monster's opening animation, while he's rising up from the floor.

awesome! thanks guys. I'll give it another shot once a new roll up is out. SmokeMonster, don't rush on account of me, I can live without Mega Man 2 :)

awesome! thanks guys. I'll give it another shot once a new roll up is out. SmokeMonster, don't rush on account of me, I can live without Mega Man 2 :)
PM me a mail address and I'll hook you up with a updated .02 file for the game you want to play.

Back