What's new

biggestsonicfan

Professional
Reaction score
Greetings all,

So I purchased a very dirty Sega Versus City billboard system from ebay a while back and was looking at the specs in order to get it running. Well, it's going to be difficult to say the least due to the cables I am missing to interface with the board that distributes power to the entire billboard system.

Pictured here are two 838-11855 Billboard PCBs. The unit above is the dirty one from the Versus City cabinet ver and the one below I am assuming is from a Blast City cabinet billboard system.

What I would like to do is recreate these fairly simple boards to use terminal screws rather than the connectors that are on there. However to better serve the community, I would like to also support the currently attached connector on the new PCB to replace 838-11855 units that need replacing in existing systems.

My main challenge is finding the proper connectors, both from a supplier and a proper datasheet to replicate the part perfectly in a PCB program such as Eagle. I do not know what the connectors are called for all CN1, CN2, and CN3 to use equivalent replacements.

I have found a replacement for the AQB2A1-ZT3/6VDC-ND Solid State Relays here: a Sensata-Crydom CN240A05. I also plan to use a removable 6.3A fuse so I found this fuse holder here.

I am hoping to get some help identifying the proper connectors so I can begin adding them to a cad layout for PCB fabrication. Any suggestions are also welcome!

~BSF

Thank you very much for your help! Although it looks like the CN3 in the form-factor of being a solid 30 position single-unit no longer is available. However, I am unable to tell if this connector is simply two different cables and a single connector was used for production.

EDIT: According to this photo, it is two separate cables! (Also this looks so much cleaner than mine lol)
M724Via.jpg

Last edited:
This idea is scrapped. My CPU board for my Vs Billboard setup is damaged beyond repair and even with a new PSU will not function. There is no point in perusing this endeavor any further.

This idea is on hold until I repair my Vs Billboard system. Though I'm going to add some info I found from Arcade Otaku, the connector used here is the same as the Blast City header P/N: 282329-1.

Last edited:
Back