What's new

BlinG

Grand Master
Reaction score
I recently acquired another Blast City, however this one has a power supply that I am not familiar with at all. Looks like it was meant to power a Lindbergh?

https://www.arcadespareparts.com/ar..._supply_sega_lindbergh_400_5459_01/13725.html

The exhaust fan is a 120mm fan and it's the loudest freaking fan ever. It runs at 100VAC...not the usual 12v DC. I dunno if these things were meant to push that much air because of overheating, but I want to change that fan out to something much more quiet. I haven't tried netbooting on this thing, but judging on how much beefier this thing is, i probably won't have any issues with power?

Does anyone have any experience with these?

It going to be fine for netbooting. It's putting out 12A on the +3.3V rail. There's an official JVS power cable for it, but you can easily roll your own:

lindbergh-to-jvs_power.jpg

The exhaust fan is a 120mm fan and it's the loudest freaking fan ever. It runs at 100VAC...not the usual 12v DC.

AC is normal. All 120mm fans that weren't inside motherboard cages were AC powered on Sega cabs. A high draw DC fan can create interference on anything that shares the same ground. I learned this when I replaced an AC fan with a similar size and airflow DC one and connected it to the cab's PSU. There was noticeable wobbling in the video output. Disconnected the fan and everything was normal again.

AC is normal. All 120mm fans that weren't inside motherboard cages were AC powered on Sega cabs. A high draw DC fan can create interference on anything that shares the same ground. I learned this when I replaced an AC fan with a similar size and airflow DC one and connected it to the cab's PSU. There was noticeable wobbling in the video output. Disconnected the fan and everything was normal again.

I pulled the fan and used a noctua 12v fan. Connected it to the unused 2pin JST connector on the power supply and it's much quieter. I don't plan on running this thing all day everyday so I think it'll be sufficient enough.

I will say that the original fan in this power supply is built to last. I feel like I could run it over with my car and it'll still be in one piece and work fine haha.

Last edited:
I've got one of thoese PSUs and it seems it may be a good option to run VF5 on my blast city... the only question is the pinout to power the lindbergh...

picked up one of these and after about 30 seconds it causes the monitor and marquee light to flicker and turn on and off... Can anyone who has this get a good pic of the pink and blue power cable it came with?

picked up one of these and after about 30 seconds it causes the monitor and marquee light to flicker and turn on and off... Can anyone who has this get a good pic of the pink and blue power cable it came with?
maybe a loose contact inside the psu? perhaps the EMI filter is failing.

possibly. People have suggested that I use a stepdown with it.. the previous owner (@FrAshi) has zero issues with it and was using a stepdown, so I'm thinking that's my best bet. I'll be installing it in a few hours, and will return and report.

I pulled the fan and used a noctua 12v fan. Connected it to the unused 2pin JST connector on the power supply and it's much quieter. I don't plan on running this thing all day everyday so I think it'll be sufficient enough.

I will say that the original fan in this power supply is built to last. I feel like I could run it over with my car and it'll still be in one piece and work fine haha.

This is quite interesting. I've just installed a 750 watt modular PSU in my Daytona 2, planning to use the extra 12V current to replace the noisy NMB AC fans with more silent DC fans (with similar performance). Now I'm having second thoughts.

Returning to report: it was the marquee light. It would send the AC frequency into fits, which would activate the high voltage protection circuit in the monitor.

Going to replace the starter and tube.

ive had this exact thing happen in other games. also a faulty starter can fuck things up as well.

Back