What's new
For Sale
I have emailed pcbjunkie on availability - will post once I know

In case anyone is looking for an easy way to adapt this to work in a JAMMA cab, I'd recommend a CHAMMA to JAMMA adapter, like the one JNX sells:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155224211926

Shows OOS on ebay, but I think he is a member here and you could try to send a message and see if he has anymore available.

You can email him, he will usually be able to build one providing he has the parts on hand.

Also found their etsy site, still 8 in stock 😆

Has anyone who purchased is got it to work. Im sitting on mine till I order a harness. I think the jamma to chamma converter will be need now too. Meh.

If the chamma converter is used. Will I just be able to use my levelhike hdmi adapter. I don't want to by a hdmi jamma pcb as well.

I just ordered a chamma adapter from the pcbjunkie etsy store. Will probably also make one myself later this week as shipping will take some time.
The converter works, just the controls are not because the pinout is not jamma.
Bassfishing works like a charm as the controller is not in the cab 🤣🤣🤣
20221107_202118.jpg

Im curious, does this device have the same issue as the MGCD with flipping the XY and AB buttons? The Atlas I got from James had to be wired to swap the two. It basically made the Light and Medium punches and kicks swap places. With the Atlas this was fixed.

Im curious, does this device have the same issue as the MGCD with flipping the XY and AB buttons? The Atlas I got from James had to be wired to swap the two. It basically made the Light and Medium punches and kicks swap places. With the Atlas this was fixed.
i been watching the thread too , to see if someone would have this issue lol

i did the same route you did with MGCD

Attachments

• 20221109_113552.jpg
    20221109_113552.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 96
What is the link for ordering this again? It seems it works well with a Chamma adapter for those that have received one, correct?

It'd be interesting to hear some in-depth impressions from someone who has one. Or even a video demonstrating it. I'm also still unclear on how this thing delivers sound.

It should work perfectly fine on JAMMA cabs with a CHAMMA adapter or if you hack it up.

It'd be interesting to hear some in-depth impressions from someone who has one. Or even a video demonstrating it. I'm also still unclear on how this thing delivers sound.

It should work perfectly fine on JAMMA cabs with a CHAMMA adapter or if you hack it up.
Sound comes through the 2 wires red and white directly probably to the board.
I ordered a few chamma adapters to test in my astro 2 cab. If I get it running before anyone else posts I'll make a video

Interesting... so how is it getting video? Using composite as sync or something?

Sorry for my english I'm using google translator.
My feedback about the adapter, I didn't want to buy an adapter from Chamma to Jamma and I also didn't dismantle my Jamma harness that is configured for other arcade boards. I assembled a kick harness to plug into the adapter and the cabinet harness, In order not to cause conflict on pins 27 of my jamma harness which is GND and on the adapter which is chamma pinout would be strong kicks I cut the trail at the red dot as shown in the picture.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-16 at 08.59.52.jpeg

It works with the RGB + Sync signal and R and L audio, but I was only able to use it in jamma mono, I tried to use the audio directly on the arcade cabinet amplifier but it was not possible because of interference.
Controllers work flawlessly, have integrated VMUs for state saves on P1 and P2, I didn't notice any delay of image, audio and controller inputs.
In my point of view, even having these limitations of being chamma and not jamma pinning and not being able to use the audio in the amplifier is a great alternative to using the Dreamcast in the arcade cabinet, I hope the manufacturer reviews these details to further improve its project.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/F16YhH9hnp8?feature=share

Last edited:
So which button is mapped to which controller button? Because I'm hooking up my chamma->jamma adapter but still not the response I expedtee. Just trying to figure out which button on my cab should be wired to which controller button so I can rewire my cab a bit or the adapter 😆
There was no pinout with this board so bit hard to guess.

I just ordered a chamma adapter from the pcbjunkie etsy store. Will probably also make one myself later this week as shipping will take some time.
The converter works, just the controls are not because the pinout is not jamma.
Bassfishing works like a charm as the controller is not in the cab 🤣🤣🤣
20221107_202118.jpg
I am not as familiar with the Dreamcast - so it looks like you can have the arcade control panel connected to the adapter itself and the peripherals, such as the fishing rod, can be directly connected to the 3rd or 4th controller ports of the console and used seamlessly with the cabinet/game? Obviously one would have to find a way to run them outside the cabinet, however, I wanted to clarify a steering wheel, light gun, or fishing rod could be used relatively easily in an arcade cabinet setup with this adapter as long as you can find a way to run them outside the cabinet while connected directly to the console - correct? Control the game via the arcade control panel and bring out the peripherals when needed? Seems like a nice option. Thanks.

So which button is mapped to which controller button? Because I'm hooking up my chamma->jamma adapter but still not the response I expedtee. Just trying to figure out which button on my cab should be wired to which controller button so I can rewire my cab a bit or the adapter 😆
There was no pinout with this board so bit hard to guess.

Depends on which adapter you're using and how it handles rerouting the CHAMMA buttons.

The JAMMA standard technically only supports 4 buttons; some boards (Atomiswave I think?) may map B5 the same way that CHAMMA does, but very few cabs actually support this. In other words, B5 & B6 don't come off standard JAMMA harnesses. The JNX adapter handles this by routing B5 & B6 to either a CPS1 or CPS2 connector; it may even route B4 to the "kick" harness, but not sure. The pcbjunkie adapter appears to route the "kick" buttons (B4-B6) to Dupont headers on the board; you can make your own harness, solder directly to the pads on the other side (or even on the connector tabs), or PM Dos on these forums to ask if he can make you a custom harness to interface with whatever you need.

Back