What's new
Here you go. General measurements for front to back, I couldn't put my tape measure flush with the speaker boxes, but you can gleam the idea.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 166
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 166
Yeah, it plugs into a connector at the top. I sent you a pm, I'll repost em here for others who need the info. I'm gonna reroute them to jamma when I get a PSU in this thing with a harness. I'll be running stuff blind as a personal test till my monitor situation is legit.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 152
  • 10a.JPG
    10a.JPG
    571.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    491.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    792.7 KB · Views: 151
Nice I have the harness, psu , 2 other boards. I will take everything apart. Saturday i will send pictures and references.

Sweet. How far have you got with your screens so far?

I reckon you could actually fob the mirror off completely if you were willing to do the research and take a punt using a short throw projector, after all the massive mirror is there to accommodate the tech of the time and provide sufficient throw.

Take this random model for example,

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Epson-PowerLite_685W-projection-calculator-pro.htm

at 0.36m it will project a 53" image, so you could actually move it closer to achieve the desired 41". The rear of the cab is 0.43m from the rear of the screen so maybe there is a cost effective model out there so you can do away with the big mirror and make it alot easier to mount.

I will try all of this options, just to see with the projector I have. I was waiting for one of them new rear projection surface samples but I guess they said sample it only to touch and see not to try lol

Anyone else's screen frame ever-so-slightly warped so it pops out on either side? If so, any tips on getting it to stay put?

All the Megalo love on here lately has me working on mine. Got a mount for the projector and some rough idea where it should be mounted, just need a few blocks of wood to mount it to.

I think something's in the way of the screen though as I can't get anything to show on the bottom 2" or so of the glass.

Anyone else's screen frame ever-so-slightly warped so it pops out on either side? If so, any tips on getting it to stay put?

All the Megalo love on here lately has me working on mine. Got a mount for the projector and some rough idea where it should be mounted, just need a few blocks of wood to mount it to.

I think something's in the way of the screen though as I can't get anything to show on the bottom 2" or so of the glass.
Any pics of your current setup? getting the image to the bottom should be easily achievable with some fiddling, check my youtube link on previous page, its far from central though ><

What's popping out exactly? the fresnel?

@tiff_lee the actual frame pops out on the top left. The top slot on the frame is in the tab, it's just warped I'm afraid.

This is the mount, the box and books I'm setting it on and their position (going to snag some wood from the in-laws this weekend, this was to get an idea of positioning and measurements).

And if you look at the bottom left of the Cannon Spike image you can see that there's text that's cut off on the bottom, about and inch and a half above the bottom of the screen.

http://imgur.com/a/7JNkSbJ

Oh crap yeah I see what you mean, the entire housing is popping out. You should be able to fabricate or knock something up to hold that in place easy enough.

Pretty much same setup as mine, books an all

https://i.imgur.com/Ghy3UGz.jpg

with enough fiddling you should be able to get that bottom portion of the screen displaying, I found the extreme angle and proximity to the mirror made the overall image very sensitive to slight movements of the projector, mine wasn't properly centred or anything but you can clearly see the bottom of the fresnel being projected onto

https://i.imgur.com/opAaztg.jpg

I looked at the exact mount you have and the description didn't read like it'd have enough of a tilt. If I'd seen this first I'd probably have ordered that one instead :/.

Yours definitely projects to the bottom. I can't see anywhere where the light is being blocked by anything while it's running. It was driving me a little crazy yesterday. Mine is sitting a lot lower than yours though. Hmm.

The mount is easy to modify for more tilt if required but don't think I did, can;t remember to be honest id have to fight my way through the garage to check.

Its weird as yours has a sharp cutoff line as if it was projector off the bottom of the mirror but then that makes no sense as it should still be at the bottom of the fresnel.

I chopped up a Sony SXRD today and cut a screen for my cab with a scoring knife. Got a nice cut also that bled like hell.. I don't know how well this will hold up when the projector I get hits it. It sure looks WAYYYY better than it did. In the first image you can see my cab glass laid right onto it before cutting so I could just use that as a scoring guide. Second image is the screen itself installed. Finale image is the glass installed over the screen. Also, the screen sustained a crack at the bottom of the plexi when I was working on it. As long as weathering doesn't make that crack travel I might be okay, made a lazy attempt to seal it a bit with super glue I don't think it is in the screen view. This plexi has a black film. I also scored a rather nice mirror out of that tv. When cut to size it'll be a nice mock of and original. If only I had the brackets. I'll figure out something. This is a major step forward if it worked out. I'll see. I have a fresnel lens also, but I haven't cut it and probably won't bother if the Benq dodges that step for me.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 197
  • screen3.JPG
    screen3.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 188
  • screen5.JPG
    screen5.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 182
  • screen6.JPG
    screen6.JPG
    568.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Managed to get mine more properly mounted. A little bit more height solved the missing inch.

Either the screen isn't 4:3 or the projector isn't, ha. I either overscan part of the image vertically or lose about 3/4" total between left and right sides. Not awful, but not perfect.

Only tested with the Naomi so far, but hoping all other 480p sources should be really close size wise.

Nice.. I need to get this mirror sorted and mounted, then it's projector time. I ordered a harness, a PSU and a wiring to restore this to proper jamma. What mount should I buy for the Benq?

http://imgur.com/a/EfhkvE3

Need something to hold up the back end a bit better, but otherwise good to go after some brightness/color adjustments.

Now to find a cheap line doubler to get JAMMA stuff in there.

Damn, that screen looks super sharp. I can't wait till mine looks like that.

Back