What's new
I need to buy me one of those mounts soon.

Hey Rewrite....if I'm right that there are two speakers inside each box, I'm in for probably 12, depending on cost. If you make a group buy, give me a shout, as hopefully that amount would help clear the hump.
2 per box, 4 per cab, yeah.
I absolutely will, just waiting to hear back on minimum order quantity and pricing.
did you ever heard back from them @rewrite about the speakers??

well if today had a name it will be frustration. after many week without being able to work on the magalo I attempted to put the mount on the projector and install it in the cabinet.
let say I was not sucessfull in the end I use many boxes to have a better idea of how I should mount it or if I needed the bracket.
currently my main issues are filling the screen which I almost did and having a sqaure picture. the top of the image is less wide that the bottom I dont know why.
also that mount definitly that have enough tilt. anyway here are some pictures and some videos. i'm waiting for your advice before I try again.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7ict5D3

currently my main issues are filling the screen which I almost did and having a sqaure picture. the top of the image is less wide that the bottom I dont know why.
You need to adjust your keystone on your projector to correct that, it's caused by the angle at which your projector is aiming at the screen nothing you can do about it in this setup apart from using the adjustment. Well nothing short of buying an ultra short throw which is mounted perpendicular to the screen.

You need to adjust your keystone on your projector to correct that, it's caused by the angle at which your projector is aiming at the screen nothing you can do about it in this setup apart from using the adjustment. Well nothing short of buying an ultra short throw which is mounted perpendicular to the screen.
this the best I got,
https://i.imgur.com/2N6Gpkv.mp4
but it fells like it does not fil the whole screen unless it because I'm using Pc engine.????

I would start by adjusting your zoom and then back up your projector mount.

The further away the larger the image.

And if one side of your image is slanted it means your projector is not centered. If both are slanted you can shape your isosceles trapezoid with “keystone”

I got my screen showing. Looks bad because the light doesn't disperse across it, making it uneven.. So the fresnel was necessary I guess. Anyone know of something I can tuck behind the screen to make the light fill the entire thing? I don't have a actual mirror in, this is just a house mirror and you can see the design integrated into my image here. I am wondering if I should scrap the screen and just put that adhesive film on the back of the glass. EDIT; Plastic sheet evens up the brightness, but the look isn't perfectly bright from different angles. Is this because the screen from this older TV is nowhere near as good as using projection film?
Edit:
Gonna take apart a tv with a broken panel and see if I can use parts of it for this screen!

Attachments

• P1240379.JPG
    P1240379.JPG
    693.8 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I need to figure out how to place the mirror. Mine is the one that goes slightly under the top of it and over at the bottom portion of it. It's a nightmare and it needs to be right so I know how to finally mount my projector. I already have it screwed to a stand. Thing is, my cab does not have the mirror brackets.I need to figure out how to make copies of them somehow.

Mirror has been resolved. I installed a mirror in it, and I am showing here how I did that. I used double sided tape. I made some brackets for it with some old bracket metal. The double sided tape holds the mirror in at the bottom. Even if it failed, it'd still sit in there! I have some the mirror is balancing on at the top of the mirror with one sticky side exposed, and more double sided tape with with one sticky side exposed holding the mirror down. Not pictured is me widening the holes that are in these brackets I did. I also sanded those bracket pieces for a smoother feel.

I cut these on a tile saw with a diamond blade. I also cut part of my projector mount shorter to get the height I wanted. Part of the mirror bottom right snapped right off when I pulled the plastic backing off the cab.. (effects nothing, not in a visual zone) I added some plastic protectors to the side. They are secured with painters tape, since they'd just slide right off as the mirror is thin. I am almost completely finished with this project now. I am gonna try that rear projection fabric and put this screen I cut aside in a few weeks. I am happy with how things are going.

I also have the same thing going on. At full keystone, I still have angles at the top of the screen.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Ended up breaking the mirror trying to cut the other side to match. I screwed up and left the plastic side one piece and applied pressure with it and it snapped. I then cut across trying to rectify that, but I didn't have enough mirror after that mistake.. I need a better dimension next time and a thicker mirror... Can someone take a picture of how their mirror mounts from the top back inside portion? I have a area for two screws, and there is this other area that attaches a single screw on these post type latches. Maybe with my fiftieth mirror I get for this nightmare of a project, I'll get rid of those annoying angles that keystone couldn't tackle.

Installed a new mirror. Lowe's cuts these! My dimensions are not traditional at all for this. I just have the back portion holding it snug. Used three layers of double sided tape in three area's, and two at the bottom. I mounted the mirror completely different from how it works in the cab. The projector doesn't have to look far up to give me a screen. Gonna work to make it as good as possible soon. I don't have the original mounts, so later down the line I could always just switch it back if something comes my way. No problem. TBH, I might keep it as is if I can get a near perfect screen out of this. No reason to go back at that point. The big annoyance I had with the previous mirror is after keystone, I had these annoying top corner triangular cut offs.

It's been some time, and I am nearing the end of this project. I even have and original marquee now. Got some jumpy screen issues with the gonbes. Any other RGB>VGA converters out there? I also want to drop the rear projection material and go with the black adhesive. I literally just tape it to the back of the glass, and its a mess. Even though it is usable, it's not final. I also need to fabricate a piece of wood to wedge under the projector, even on its mount, the projector moves slightly during gameplay.

mann good job I got stuck when trying to mount and adjust the projector, so I started to look for a solution. then Covid came, work, family other project and I got sidetracked. I'm planning on going back to it soon hopefully.

Update: I ordered the film that you attach to the glass via water. I ordered black. Tiff_Lee had done a test with the samples on the previous page. I also wanna see how this goes. After this is done and I get a better power supply for this cab. My project is essentially done. At that point, it's just about having a multi set up for kick harnesses for various boards. I am running this one a Bob Roberts harness.

Film installed. The glass is tinted, and the film was black. Had to bump the brightness. I'll be honest. I sort of wanna swap out my benq for a better condition one anyways, but I could always go grey, but ugh, it's just a endless pit of work. Might be time to settle for the time being.

Attachments

• P1250554.JPG
    P1250554.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 258
  • P1250547.JPG
    P1250547.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 626
I screwed up and left the plastic side one piece and applied pressure with it and it snapped.

I just did this with a Sony RPTV not long ago. It's crazy how little force was needed when the mirror is super thin. There's these plastic holders that keep the mirror in place. I screwed one down in the middle, then noticed the edge of the mirror was sitting just a tiny bit over a lip. The lip is like a few millimiters. It was supposed to be resting next to it, not on it. I was about to undo the screw when the whole thing spontaneously cracked in the middle. What a disappointing day that was.

Film installed. The glass is tinted, and the film was black. Had to bump the brightness. I'll be honest. I sort of wanna swap out my benq for a better condition one anyways, but I could always go grey, but ugh, it's just a endless pit of work. Might be time to settle for the time being.

so are you projecting directly behind the screen (no reverse)? will you say it make it easy to place the projector?

Hello Megalo people it has been a while since I posted here and the megalo has been seating dormant in my garage. However, I'm back at it with for mission to secure the projector so I can do the rest. which is easier said than done. a little bit of update. The last time I tried to set up the projector I had more luck with boxes and books than with the projector mount. last week I tried the projector again it was too long so I cut it in half but I was not able to adjust anything was just worse. one projector mount was destroyed. So here I'm at stage zero I don't know if I need to buy a new mount and which one I found and option at 5.91 inches. I need help with the projector because I'm not handy. any direction advice help will be greatly appreciated. I'm starting from scratch amnd making sure everything is correct like the positioning of my mirror here? also, let me know where you are with your own project. I'm disappointed but I'm not giving up because I have big plans for this megalo. thanks

Attachments

• megalo.jpg
    megalo.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 137
Back