What's new
New Megalo 410 owner checking in. This one's in pretty decent shape overall, though the projector is in need of servicing. I have an original panel for it too which I'll fit.

I'm a bit surprised at how cramped inside it is. The projector gubbins really do take up a lot of space!

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpg
    IMG_6259.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6349.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 275
Welcome to the club, Most of us are planning to or using a short-throw projector to replace the original rear projection CRT. I don't know much about those but I'm sure someone the people here can help. good luck

I love this machine so much. I need to source the bottom back part. I just made the inside jamma as it was gutted when I got mine.

Attachments

• P1260003.JPG
    P1260003.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 240
Does anybody have the service manual for this thing? Can't find any online....I would be eternally grateful if one were to be scanned and uploaded :)

Does anybody have the service manual for this thing? Can't find any online....I would be eternally grateful if one were to be scanned and uploaded :)
Yeah good luck mate, i've only ever seen an image of the Japanese manual front cover before (which I can't even find now) and there was no available download.

Something else Megalo 410 related, not sure if anyone has ever seen a riser for these before (to make it a stand up cab) but I had two cabs with them (one was beaten up in shipping) and both have been removed anyway.

Attachments

• DSC_2186-3000.jpg
    DSC_2186-3000.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCPDC_0000_BURST20220301173736983-3000.jpg
    DSCPDC_0000_BURST20220301173736983-3000.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 131
Nah not yet, still renovating so not got round to doing anything with my Megalo's yet but still going to use it, eventually..

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I had to post in here. I complicated my life a bit trying to use the trapezoid mirror. I could NOT get it to look right with any key stone setting, even custom setting. I almost gave up after almost 2hrs messing with settings. I removed the trapezoid mirror and during me messing with my Hitachi CP-A222WN XGA (THANK YOU @hoagtech ) I remembered most projectors allow you to change the set up/installation setting. This one let's you do hanging, reverse, Upside down, etc. I got the bright idea to try reverse throw without the mirror straight onto the fresnel and low and behold! This is the image I got without adjusting any keystone or zoom at all!! Yet....... I'll update pics in the morning after I fine-tune it. If you find one of these babies without the sought-after trapezoid mirror, grab it still. You can still use this beauty without it!

Attachments

• 20230128_001738.jpg
    20230128_001738.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 20230128_001741.jpg
    20230128_001741.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 124
I love this machine so much. I need to source the bottom back part. I just made the inside jamma as it was gutted when I got mine.
How did you pull 15khz out of a projector??

Megalo 410's are interesting because I'd assume quite a few were inherited. That is the story with mine.

What's a good BenQ projector to use that isn't the mw621st?
I just missed out on a low hour one by $2.
50 😱

What's a good BenQ projector to use that isn't the mw621st?
I just missed out on a low hour one by $2.
50 😱
Hitachi ultra short throw is a good alternative, you can fit it directly behind the screen and ditch the mirror altogether.

Hitachi ultra short throw is a good alternative, you can fit it directly behind the screen and ditch the mirror altogether.
I'm looking for alternatives, it gives off too bright of a center and dark surround.

I'm looking for alternatives, it gives off too bright of a center and dark surround.
?
the hitachi ultra short throw is an alternative, I sold both my MW632STs and a MX819ST which I replaced with hitachi's

?
the hitachi ultra short throw is an alternative, I sold both my MW632STs and a MX819ST which I replaced with hitachi's
What model number is your Hitachi? Mine is the Hitachi CP-A222WN and it is not great.

can't remember which one I tested with off top of my head, it was a slightly higher number but from that same family of projectors. There must be something amiss there it is designed to be that close to screens hence the ultra short throw yet ability to produce a larger image. Retaining the fresnel lens may cause problems as that was intended for use with the 3 separate tubes to increase the image size and improve brightness neither of which are required using the modern day projector (all the optics are handled inside the projector) .

This was taken with a Hitachi ultra short

received_857923588397477-3000.jpg

Was very rough and ready test, I just sat the projector behind the fresnel as far back as I could while maintaining space for the rear cover, looked fine in person although this image does capture the concentric rings of the fresnel

can't remember which one I tested with off top of my head, it was a slightly higher number but from that same family of projectors. There must be something amiss there it is designed to be that close to screens hence the ultra short throw yet ability to produce a larger image. Retaining the fresnel lens may cause problems as that was intended for use with the 3 separate tubes to increase the image size and improve brightness neither of which are required using the modern day projector (all the optics are handled inside the projector) .

This was taken with a Hitachi ultra short

received_857923588397477-3000.jpg

Was very rough and ready test, I just sat the projector behind the fresnel as far back as I could while maintaining space for the rear cover, looked fine in person although this image does capture the concentric rings of the fresnel
That looks great 👍
Would you recommend the BenQ MX819ST?

That looks great 👍
Would you recommend the BenQ MX819ST?
To clarify that image is using a Hitachi,

That BenQ works ok but its a pain to setup, you will have to physically move the projector closer or further away from the screen to get the correct size image as it has no zoom function like the 632st

Back