What's new
Want To Buy

diosleon

Student
Reaction score
Hello! I just got a model 3 with Virtua Fighter 3tb. It didn't came with any cables. Do you know where can I find some?

What cab? And you'd need a 31khz monitor to display Virtua Fighter 3. Vga input only

Not quite, VF3 like most Model 3 games runs at 24KHz which is around 512x350, won't work on most VGA monitors. I found this out the hard way when I was testing my Model 3 board and thought it was going to output 31K/VGA, but nope, I didn't get any signal on any of my displays. Plugged it into my capture card (which supports 24KHz) and immediately got a picture.

Never assume that HD15/DE15 automatically means VGA output, you may be in for a bad time, depending on what you're doing.

Not quite, VF3 like most Model 3 games runs at 24KHz which is around 512x350, won't work on most VGA monitors. I found this out the hard way when I was testing my Model 3 board and thought it was going to output 31K/VGA, but nope, I didn't get any signal on any of my displays. Plugged it into my capture card (which supports 24KHz) and immediately got a picture.

Never assume that HD15/DE15 automatically means VGA output, you may be in for a bad time, depending on what you're doing.
I think you're right, I guess I miss-spoke because I hooked up my VF3 to my Tri Sync Blast via VGA 🤷

That makes sense since your chassis most likely supports auto-sync, so you don't have to think about any of that stuff. With MS8/9 for example, you have to reach back there and move the connector for 24K. Very annoying!

A 2934 nanao chassis with vga port is compatible with Virtua Fighter 3

As long as it has an MS8/9 or some other display that can do 24K, it should work. The original tube is an MS8 I think and doesn't auto-switch, so you will need to go back there and move the connector on the chassis to the 24K/medium res position.

Back