What's new
For Sale
Where are all the candy cab thirsters from the East Coast? "No candy on the east coast" :rolleyes:
The same place they are when they say they "can't find a cab anywhere". It's never been that there's "No candy on the east coast", it's a guise for "I'm cheap, and not willing to pay for shipping." :P
It's been my experience that the no candies on the east coast people are, at large, the same ones that expect the cabs to look NOS, get delivered for free, have a warranty, etc etc... Tire kickers.
I could not have said it better..in my area mostly people in this hobby are cheap as hell.. STI shipping to your parking lot is usually $450 inside of your place is around $650..you might argue that you should eat the shipping cost if you are in the east coast when selling and my reply is go buy another cab..your cab is a great value.. good luck with the sale.. I sold off my Astro a few days ago local and my NeoGeo cab has Derick's name on it, if i was not downsizing, I would have been all over this.

Shipping on 3 cabs from CA to VA was $772. 2 blasts and a vewlix. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Shipping on 3 cabs from CA to VA was $772. 2 blasts and a vewlix. I thought that was pretty reasonable.
Same 2 uprights from CA to FL was the same. Where you get some economies of scale is after the first one. Actually it's not that much more for a multi stop (extra $100 each stop IIRC)

If you want something you gotta pay for it. I'm a spoiled brat, I don't ship cabs since there's basically never a reason to in SoCal, we pick them off trees. :D

But I've shipped pinballs in from across the country because it was the only way to get a title I was looking for easily. You eat the $400+ as the price of getting what you want, or being impatient.

what!? I paid $650 to get my SF 1 Deluxe cab from CA to NC. I feel robbed.

what!? I paid $650 to get my SF 1 Deluxe cab from CA to NC. I feel robbed.
yeah I paid 550 to ship one blast last year, I'm getting two more this week and only paying around 600 for both pays to buy in bulk

The price for two cabs is barely more then the price of one. It's just the way it works. When I shipped my cocktail through STI, they joked that I should have bought two cause the price was identical because of the footprint.

i got quoted $550 for one, $800 for two, & $1150 for three shipped from CA to WA. That's like only 18hr drive, how you guys getting the shipping quotes so cheap from the east coast?

i got quoted $550 for one, $800 for two, & $1150 for three shipped from CA to WA. That's like only 18hr drive, how you guys getting the shipping quotes so cheap from the east coast?
Average shipping with insurance cross country for me is 450-500. For 550 I shipped two from NV to GA.

I think it depends on how likely they are to move a full truck in that direction. Something going to OH or IL could easily be on the same truck as something headed to KY or IN.

I just bought 2 vewlix and it was about ~$600 to ship from SoCal to KY.

What company was this? $800 for two machines is laughable.

I used STi to ship. I got a NNC and a Namco Noir, it was $650 CA to NY. I live between Buffalo and Rochester.

I am going to put this on a hold for now. The Dark seal 2 board is also developing some sound problems and I believe it is cap related. I will eventually offer this bundle again, but I am going to pull it for now.

Would love to own this cab but the price is a bit steep for me considering am a noob when it comes to tubes etc. but if i had the extra coin i would love to help you out because am currently looking for a NAC myself.

No worries, I fixed the sound thanks to @Sp33dFr34k's adapter and I put in the sanwa pfx, so its going to stay.
Sounds great, let's see some pics with the new monitor!
The PFX fit OK on the NAC? Did you have to back mount or modify the bezel?
Yeah, I had to back mount it, it took a bit but fit fine. Theres gaps in the bezel, but I have some foam from home depot that I'm going to use to fill it. Just need another pair of hands and I'll get it.

Need some pin adjustments but looking good.
Takr8l6.jpg

Back