What's new

gamezer0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this SR2 cab that I’m using with a PC. I’d like to cable the board that has the Start and “View change” buttons so I can map those in PC, and ideally make the lamps turn on.

Any ideas on what’s the pinout for this board?

The board has these numbers printed:
171-6478B
SDC-3

It has a 12 pin connector. Pretty sure this type of connector is easy to find, although I don’t remember the name…

Thanks

IMG_4308.jpegIMG_4307.jpeg

You can find the full pinout in the Daytona USA 2 schematic:

daytona_usa_2_assy_virtual_button_twin_schematic.png

So pinout is

1 - +5V
2 - Start lamp
3 - VR lamp 1
4 - VR lamp 2
5 - VR lamp 3
6 - VR lamp 4
7 - Start sw
8 - VR sw 1
9 - VR sw 2
10 - VR sw 3
11 - VR sw 4
12 - GND

Start switch is pin 7, View Change pin 9.

Connector is JST NH, https://www.jst-mfg.com/product/index.php?series=182

I have a bif of a dumb / electronic noob question: lamp pins are “logic” signals? I.e. so if it’s active, given +5V and GND are plugged, the lamp will turn on?

I’m planning to use an unused Arduino I have at home so I can enable both the button presses and lamps. The idea is to plug +5V, GND, the start and view button lamps and the switches for those.

The lamps will either blink constantly, or stay on permanently, or if I can somehow map them to the Model 3 emulator, they could blink depending on the game state. As for the buttons I’ll look into mapping them to keyboard keys.

On the arcade games one leg of the lamp is +5V and is connected to the output. The output sinks the current to ground.

After a long time to find the components and the time, I finally did it.

In case its useful for anyone else in the future, this is the pinout for this Sega Rally 2 Start/View button panel:

1-5v
2-start light
3-unused
4-view change light
5-unused
6-unused
7-start button
8-unused
9-view change button
10-unused
11-unused
12-gnd