What's new
Thanks for adding me :)... but please write my pseudo with 4 "s",
Cheers

If you are looking for one of these multis just send me a PM.

I got my System 16B multi set up tonight and enjoyed test plays of Wonder Boy III and Aurail. After that, I tried a few more, but everything yields a black screen and no sound, including when I go back to Wonder Boy III.

It's getting late, but tomorrow, I'll switch back to my bootleg Bay Route ROM board at least to confirm the mainboard hasn't blown up. If that's okay, anything obvious I should check out first? Would a single bad EPROM affect multiple games? If Wonder Boy III and Aurail worked with the multi, that's proof that the CPU and sound chip will work with all games, right?

Yep. Roms 1 through 3 are program. If one is bad multiple games won't work.

If WonderBoy III worked, and then didn't work - I would reseat the program ROMS's again, and use deoxit on the EPROM legs to ensure that oxidation is removed as much as possible. Also - doublecheck that the multi is pushed down correctly in every spot it should be.

If WonderBoy III worked, and then didn't work - I would reseat the program ROMS's again, and use deoxit on the EPROM legs to ensure that oxidation is removed as much as possible. Also - doublecheck that the multi is pushed down correctly in every spot it should be.
The Deoxit just arrived today, so I can try that. Thanks!

I let the Deoxit dry overnight, then put it all together. I've been able to boot every game I've dialed to with the rotary selector.

Thanks for the help, and extra thanks to @mathewbeall for burning the EPROMs for me for free. What an amazing community.

I'm having graphical glitches in every game. I'm using a mobo from ESwat that originally had the battery cpu but replaced it with a normal 68k

Games all seem to boot and run fine. Audio seems ok too. Just specific layers of incorrect graphics (mostly backgrounds.) The graphical problems are static, as if the wrong info is on a rom, rather than as if poor contact is occuring.
PXL_20221205_002010962.jpg

I guess I'll try reburning everything. If anyone can save me an evening of burning roms, Aurail is reporting a bad test for J09.

Are there any specific settings I should use? I'm using a Top3000 programmer.
top settings.jpg

Edit:
So far I've reburned 15,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6 and have gotten nowhere. I've also validated all the other roms and they check out. Has anyone burned the JP roms from archive.org? I feel like this is a problem with the files themselves.
https://archive.org/download/multipacks

Last edited:
Have you tried a different set of EPROMs? It’s rare but it is possible for an EPROM to verify correctly in the programmer but then act up in the game board. The files you linked to on archive.org are the same ones the rest of us are using with that Multi.

It’s also rare but the Multi itself might have a manufacturing defect. What do you think @Mitsurugi-w

I'm using a mix of the chips Mitsurugi sent me and 10 I got off ebay. If I knew which chip was acting up I could troubleshoot it but iterating over all 15 is a huge pain and only asking for more errors with erasing and rewriting.

At this point I've reburned everything but 14. Either 1 or 2 seemed to fix some of the problems. Aurail is still the same but now 2/3rds of the levels shown in the Fantasy Zone attract mode don't have glitches. Wonderboy didn't seem to show any issues.

I also reseated everything and then it wouldn't boot at all. I pulled out eswat to test but gave it another reseat and it must've known and started working again. I'm not really sure where to go from here other than download a different rom set and reburn all 15 again.

PXL_20221205_011856404.jpgPXL_20221205_011933295.jpgPXL_20221205_012018414.jpg

I received my board not long ago, but had to order 5 more 27C322 EPROMs to replace some bad ones that wouldn't burn/verify. After that bad luck was sorted the board worked first try.

The only glitches so far were resolved by pushing harder on the EPROMs and the board itself, making sure it was firmly connected to the mainboard.

Super happy with this purchase. =)

Super happy with this purchase. =)

The same NFG I know a longer time from IRC, who helped me to get plenty of nice collectibles from Japan, the very same guy running nfg.forums?

If so, very nice to see you here too! And if you wish to get LCD selector for your multi, drop me a PM.

How much interest in. The passing shot i/o? It allows you to play 4 player version of passing shot. It's the only game it works for tho.

I've already designed a pcb that let's you use supergun controllers for all 4 players since the 4p version of the game removes all controls from the edge connector.

Cost would be between $100 and $150.

Passing shot I/O - no thanks for me...

But staying in the subject: is there some adapter/instructions already for SDI?

Back