What's new
Those are basically only "data"-lines. You can compare the function with the dip switches next to that connector.

Game changing via dip-switches (without selector at all) works fine?

When you're trying to use the selector, are all dips set to 0-position?

Ok, I have no experience from the Multi-Pi -selector.
Are you saying the 10 pin connector is a 1:1 match to the DIP Switches? Like, I could use jumpers to select games instead of the DIPs or is that connector's functionality a little different?

Game changing works fine using Dip switches without selector.

Yes, all dips are set to 0/Off when the selector is installed.

Thanks for the confirmation. I used jumpers and was able to select games so it really is the selector now. So confused. Lol.

I would like to purchase or be added to wait list. Thanks for your work on this. :thumbup:

I plugged a sleector into a JTAG headers and the graphics and stuff are all messed up. Im not syre thats why theyre messed up but it was working better before. Do you know if that could do it or how to fix it?

f
I plugged a sleector into a JTAG headers and the graphics and stuff are all messed up. Im not syre thats why theyre messed up but it was working better before. Do you know if that could do it or how to fix it?
It's just a guess but It's possible one of the chips was jostled during the operation. My board and chips are very, very sensitive to movement and I have to press them into the sockets regularly to make it work. Give that a shot?

i dont know why but its fine now. Maybe the JAMMA to s16 adapter was not exavtly straight

f

It's just a guess but It's possible one of the chips was jostled during the operation. My board and chips are very, very sensitive to movement and I have to press them into the sockets regularly to make it work. Give that a shot?

Yeah, my setup is very sensitive as well. And it's not selector based. When it messes up, it messes with and without selector similar way. And when that happens, some games tend to still work just fine, but half or more will not.

My s16 motherboard sometimes won't boot any games at all but if I let it sit off for a few minutes it randomly works fine again. Old technology....

My s16 motherboard sometimes won't boot any games at all but if I let it sit off for a few minutes it randomly works fine again. Old technology....
That was part of my headache when testing my board in Jasen's Konami case. I kept thinking it was something to do with the case, but it seems like it just doesn't like to work right on the first few boots...lol.

mine doesn't like to give me any sound unless i give it a tap and then it works

received and ...with only *one* M27C322 actually verifying on my GQ-4x4 :
Writing... Code Buffer
Elapsed time: 456.46 seconds.
Device write completed OK
ID check skipped
Verifying... Code Buffer
Device is verified
Elapsed time: 96.49 seconds.

The 3-4 games I tried are all working fine! Fun stuff ! thanks again Apocalypse !

IMG_9576.jpg
IMG_9579.jpg

I just got my Multi (v1.5.1) set up but I'm getting a black screen on the following games. Is there anything in common that might point to which rom to check out? I did have some issues with flaky 322's so it doesnt entirely surprise me. I'm just trying to avoid pulling them all if I don't need to.

Also, I tried to grab that tool to create the romset to hopefully check out if there is code/documentation that indicates which game roms end up in which multi roms, but the link isn't working -- even if I ignore the really scary looking warning in Chrome (Firefox just gives an error from CloudFlare that the server is down too).

Games with black screen:
Shinobi 10100
Time Scanner 00110
Golden Axe 10101
Altered Beast 10011
Fantasy Zone 00111

Any help narrowing this down would be much appreciated -- no rush though, holidays and family first!

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Hmm. Those games are split between the three roms. Try resetting your multi several times and if that fails just try burning each program rom and at a time.

Back