What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Yes we finally got to this point!

Please note this thread isn't an interest thread.

And as always:
Please remember all kits come with blank EPROMs/flashes. Games are NOT included.

S18 multi installation is similar to S16B, even easier: it's a complete replacement romboard that requires no soldering nor jumper setting, and can't be plugged backwards due to connectors size and spacing.

Specifications:

- Based on 3.0V flashes for storage with proper power regulator and level shifters
-Proper voltage translation (3.3V regulator AND level shifters)
- 16 available banks selectable via rotary selector (no dipswitches here)
- Still has header pins for a remote selector plus 4 additional pins for power and reset line for neat selector solutions to be plugged ( @BladeZX)
- Custom chip used for the bigger games reproduced in a CPLD
-modular flash memory design. No more eproms! Modules can be programmed using Proman (tl86+) programmer or Flashcat using correct adapter. Same as Darksoft's Namco s1 multi. Darksoft modules will even work on this multi and vice-versa even though the designs are different.

Selector positions:

GamePosition
Alien Storm0
Bloxeed1
Clutch Hitter2
D.D. Crew3
Desert Breaker4
Hammer Away5
Laser Ghost6
Moonwalker7
Pontoon8
Shadow Dancer9
Where's WallyA

Last edited:
Remember to remove the i8751 MCU from the motherboard if yours has one (like Moonwalker)
@ekorz - I will be using Moonwalker as my donor pcb. I just want to remove this and that is it? Doesn't need to be replaced with some unencrypted chip? It's been awhile but I think with the S16 multi I had to replace the cpu or something.

You need to replace it with a 10MHz 68000 CPU.

Remember to remove the i8751 MCU from the motherboard if yours has one (like Moonwalker)

You need to replace it with a 10MHz 68000 CPU.

You mean the FD1094?

I have a D.D.Crew board that doesn't have a 8751, so I'm assuming Moonwalker is special in that it needs it. So how does the multi version of Moonwalker work on a donor board without 8751?

You mean the FD1094?

I have a D.D.Crew board that doesn't have a 8751, so I'm assuming Moonwalker is special in that it needs it. So how does the multi version of Moonwalker work on a donor board without 8751?
Check this out :

ic4 from motherboard should be empty
ic1 should have mc68kp10 inserted in (if your pcb have fd-1094 , replace it with m68kp10)

1F914FC8-1C72-4DAF-97B4-DB95B72A3FB6.jpeg

Will the roll-up pack be posted soon? Hoping for a Jp set.

There has not been a "roll-up pack" released so far. I am still hoping for a Jp pack like the S16B has.

Someone told me there was a set on Archive.org already....hmm.....

- Still has header pins for a remote selector plus 4 additional pins for power and reset line for neat selector solutions to be plugged

Another member of this forum asked if I could modify the LCD selector for S18 use, so:

0101 -table for each game?
4-pin connector pinout?
Reset is GND or +5V based?

Back