What's new
1__87544.jpg

You will make an selector ? great !

I will have 2 designs:

1. One that will work like my others running off a RPi Zero with a web interface you can control with your phone

2. Once that will plug directly into a Arduino UNO R3 and allow full control over game switching as well as attract mode
I have most of the atmega328 code written for this - just needs testing once I get boards

Once I get designs finalized (this week) I will post some pictures

@BladeZX awesome news. I want to do another pass of the icons I built to maximize the pixel space on the OLED screen and clean up some of the art. Once you have something up and running let me know, and I’ll get to it (currently working on other sprite projects).

Also, if you’re interested, I can probably throw together a small loading animation. We did one for the new STV multi, (yet to be implemented) and I’m currently working on one for another multi. it adds some nice QoL feedback to the display for the time the games are being flashed.

@opt2not
Awesome
A loading image would be great
I used your old set of 128x64 images and converted them to byte arrays for the code
I am tight on code space but I will make it work

Well keep in mind this isn't a multi that flashes the game after you select it. The games are all present already. It is flash tech but it works the same as our old multis. Switch dip, power up, play immediately.

Last edited:
@Mitsurugi-w , I looked into the Flashcat XPORT and MACH at:

https://www.embeddedcomputers.net/

On their adapter page they state:

We offer a large selection of socket adapters for various memory packages and types. All of the sockets on this page are the newer 56-pin version that is compatible with XPORT PCB 2.0 and MACH1. Schematics are provided for most adapters if you are adventurous and want to make your own. All sockets on these page use the EC 56-pin header.

So if you have the @Darksoft adapters for the Namco System 1 Multi you should be good.

@opt2not
Looks like we do not require a loading image as it will pretty much instant to load a game
These are the images I have currently loaded into the code

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/sega-system-18-oled-selector-logos.25080/
Cool cool 👍 sounds good. One less task!

I’ll get around to updating the existing ones after this weekend.
I’ll shoot you a pm when they’re updated. I can probably convert the updated icons to binary for you too. Darksoft showed me how to do it for the STV multi.

Back