What's new
I gotta say I'm excited to get my hands on this new selector. I'd like to design a case for it once it's done.

for years I've wanted an excuse to retire the cases for the current Arduino based selector.
I have the pcb ordered and should have it soon to start testing
My STV multi cart is on its way too

Prototype built and STV cart has arrived
Now to test it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 136
Why such a big pcb? And you're using both mcu AND a Pi? It seems like a lot of overkill

I got busy this week and couldn’t work on more icons. But I’ll get you some more soon.

Why such a big pcb? And you're using both mcu AND a Pi? It seems like a lot of overkill
Yea I could have used the Pi but I like working with the atmega
Using the atmega allows me to load the last game right away without waiting for the Pi to startup

oh, earlier I thought you said this was going to be built on a Pi Zero, I'm glad you're going with a Mega instead.

Pi zero will still be used for web page access
My whole goal is not to have to get into the cabinet

a whole pizero seems a bit overkill at that point, IMO. Maybe you could have an ESP8266 module handle that? it's more than capable of a simple captive web page, and I bet you could feed it the bitmaps over serial if required, maybe from a separate i2c flash rom if required/more convenient

it's also like, 1usd vs 10-20usd and a whole linux environment.

Though at this point that would all require a significant redesign. Just my 2c.

Got the STV multi cart installed and wired to audio and reset on the motherboard - that took a bit of time
Hooked up the STV multi selector and tested it out

Sorry for crappy video - iphone 8 camera
Here is a demo

Oooooh, now I see. You want the deluxe experience. Yeah, you can't get that from an ESP8266 lol

Edit: list has moved to later in this thread.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks @nem I’ll update the previous post to keep track.
I’m working on the Cotton’s right now, since I made the logo for Cotton 1 on the Sega 16b. I can just update that logo for 2 and boomerang.

I kind of forgot this altogether

Quick and dirty

columns_97.gif

Columns 97

Is there any place where I can find screengrabs of title screens in original resolution uncompressed or do I need to start launching Mame?

System16 often has them as does the launch oz website. Lunchbox and hyperspin actually often have high res logo only images too. Beyond that. I don't know if any other better resources.

Back