What's new
Got mine fitted snug on my LS-56 in my Mayflash F500 (my workhorse stick) and it works really well. I fired up some Mushi for some micro dodging tests and it’s awesome. @PASTBLASTER also earned a spot on my stick for hooking it up.

Any chance these would be possible to make for 8 way gates?

Attachments

• 40AC91ED-C811-4952-8916-286B002A33B3.jpeg
    40AC91ED-C811-4952-8916-286B002A33B3.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 6A888044-2B8C-43C0-95FB-1AAF03894BEA.jpeg
    6A888044-2B8C-43C0-95FB-1AAF03894BEA.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 5118ABA5-90A8-4273-B11E-BF4BF9910DA1.jpeg
    5118ABA5-90A8-4273-B11E-BF4BF9910DA1.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 147
Got mine fitted snug on my LS-56 in my Mayflash F500 (my workhorse stick) and it works really well. I fired up some Mushi for some micro dodging tests and it’s awesome. @PASTBLASTER also earned a spot on my stick for hooking it up.

Great stuff, glad to hear it!

Any chance these would be possible to make for 8 way gates?

Tbh, I've not really used octagonal games but from my understanding I don't think this mod would work without adding extra throw back in. The microswitches only just trigger when they hit the U/D/L/R sides of the restrictor and from what I've seen the octagonal gates are pulled in at the corners. If you tried to pull the corners in any way then you would trigger the U/D/L/R directions but you would not be able to trigger a corner direction. I.e. if you tried to do a Hadouken ↓, ↘, → you would miss the ↘ input and just input ↓, →.

Just seeing this thread now.. very cool.

More than 2 Kowal plates would get pretty fuckty I think, pain to line up and screw in.

You'd be right in the ballpark of your version I'd imagine with one of Kowal's plates above the switches and one below, like a sandwich.

As alluded to earlier in the thread, you can make diagonals prohibitively tiny with these types mods with the seimitsu 'flower' octo gate.

I find Kowal's plate to be super useful-- if you love the Seimitsu compact sticks you'd do well to have a fat stack of them imo. This all-in-one solution is way more user friendly though, and elegant in its own right.

DC45E732-43D2-40EF-9EAD-26623BD31F47.jpeg

Hacked up this Kowal plate to let me use the LS-56 branded Omron switch board from the Dreamcast Virtual On sticks. Weird combo, the switches are reversed in orientation for no discernable reason. The plate effectively changes the actuation but the real purpose here was in order to prevent trimming the microswitch stopper tabs..

I made a set of these for @wonderbanana a while back he sent me a picture showing that the center part of the reducer had cracked in half and also delaminated/fallen off the rest of the restrictor
icon_pubjoe_eh.gif
I thought this was pretty bizarre and a one off but I looked in my CP recently and one of mine had delaminated too
icon_pubjoe_wtf.gif

I still can't really see how this is happening as there are not really any unsupported forces to flex that part of the reducer. Fact of the matter is it's happened twice though so it needed sorting. The originals were printed in PLA and I've since printed some replacements using PETG in the hope that the layers fuse together a little better.

I thought that had solved it until I opened my CP earlier and found that one of these has failed also :cursing:

20230619_134203-L.jpg

I thought I would sort it for good this time. I have re-modelled the complete restrictor and reduced the gate by 1mm. This makes it perform the same as the previous version but it is now one solid piece.

The original restrictor has 3mm location spigots on the underside. I've modelled 2.7mm holes for M3x8mm CSK screws which perform the same job.

LS-56_Restrictor-M.jpg

20230619_133259-L.jpg

20230619_133102-L.jpg

20230619_133332-XL.jpg

I've added this as a remix of my original design and can be downloaded from Printables.com [here].

I'll add this information to the original post too.

I'll print the new version this week and report back. I absolutely love the original plate and use it several hours a week! I probably have 45 hours on it at least and it's held up great. Thanks Franco!

I'll print the new version this week and report back. I absolutely love the original plate and use it several hours a week! I probably have 45 hours on it at least and it's held up great. Thanks Franco!

You clearly have a more gentle touch than Franco and I :thumbsup: Great little mod though, I love the thing!

Back