What's new
okay so.. on my live stream all of the PCB's i threw at it ,excluding the taito G net multi game kit and the system16, worked perfectly

keep in mind i was using a 350w atx PSU so i assume it either was too much or too little power averaging around 5.08 on the voltage meter..

everything else worked fantastic and the color output is beyond impressive

also used was a Gscartsw lite and an OSSC using FirebrandX's optimal timings for sega genesis / sega saturn and playstation 1..

Thanks heaps Beast! Stuck at work so haven't had much time to watch the full steam but it seems everything is running okay?

Don't be too concerned about the voltmeter readings. ATX PSUs are quite well regulated and will always read slightly higher than 5V, by the time the power gets to the arcade board the voltage will be spot on. You can confirm this by measuring the 5V rails of the arcade pcb with a Multimeter.

Any questions or issues let me know.

well I really want to get my taito G net and system 16 working on the supergun.. what would you advise on getting those working??? if i get those working it's a mission complete

PM sent. Sys16 working fine on my end and with other testers so send me some details of the issue.

just to be clear... when i boot up the G net or the system 16 the supergun and PSU just shut themselves down.. as if to put themselves into safe mode..

Hmm. Not to insult you, but you are aware that sys16 isn't standard jamma and needs an adapter? Also make sure the jamma connector of the supergun is lining up correctly with the jamma pins of the arcade pcb. Sometimes arcade operators file down the edges of the jamma connection which can cause alignment issues.

Sounds like either a short, which is activating the ATX protection and shutting down, or perhaps it's pulling more power than your particular ATX can handle.

When I'm at home I'll conduct some tests and measurements, I have some low power ATX and will see what happens.

No insult taken.. I'm using a system16 to jamma adapter I scooped up from eBay , if that means anything

And the g net does the exact same thing

Haha OK, didn't think you would miss that but you'd be surprised at how many people connect system 16 to standard jamma not realising its a different pinout.

Which adapter is it specifically? Have you confirmed it working within a different setup?

Yeah at the end of the livestream I tested my gnet and system 16 on my reg supergun and they worked fine

OK leave it with me, I shall investigate.

I can tell you system 16 works fine on my end and with two other testers so it has me stumped at this stage, but we'll get to the bottom of it and sort it out.

sounds solid.. Nonetheless I have maybe 4 more systems to check out with it.. that being cps2 , cps3 , naomi and neo geo and maybe sega system 2 or 3 for optimal testing purposes... but aside from those.. and minus sys16 and gnet everything works fine...

I wish i had a Gnet fix though.. was kinda hungry to play Gdarius

Hey @beast1x5, about to check out the live stream. System 16B works fine here, I have a cheap Chinese adapter at the moment and am just waiting for a deluxe JNX one from @XianXi -- the one you linked on eBay looks just fine though.

Just bootled/re-checked my G-Net Multi and it works fine (flashed a few games with no issues). I'm using a Casecom 700W ATX Power Supply, which is a bit of an overkill and reads slightly high, but tackles all fat PCB stacks with no issues.

gnet1.JPG
gnet3.JPG

Attachments

• gnet2.JPG
    gnet2.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 218
  • gnet4.JPG
    gnet4.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Thanks @djsheep I was using a random branded 350w atx PSU.. not sure on the brand.. I just hope its a simple fix... I'll sleep on it and get to work again after my Yakuza kiwami 2 stream

Beast, can you give me the amperage specs of 5V and 12V of your ATX PSU?

• Thanks @djsheep I was using a random branded 350w atx PSU.. not sure on the brand.. I just hope its a simple fix... I'll sleep on it and get to work again after my Yakuza kiwami 2 stream
Just finished watching the stream, good work and nice spread of games too!

I'm sure @Frank_fjs will figure out your issues with System 16 & G-Net, but if I could take a guess it would be the PSU.

The F3 works with S-Video, so at least there's a very clean way to play that on the Framemeister :)

All generation Cave games work really well and look fantastic too.

deathsmiles.JPG

Last edited:
Back