What's new
Thanks for the support guys.

I've received the updated layout prototypes. Mostly all good but a few things I need to change / fix / improve.

3 player / 4 player hat fits nicely and works fine.

Switched to a new oscillator for the composite video output, it's working well.

Made an error with the wiring of the RGB lines / potentiometers but discovered the issue and have resolved it. Decided to upgrade to a THS7374 with switch to enable / disable the LPF.

Have shafts/knobs sorted for the simultaneously controlled Piher RGB pots all thanks to the amazing help and support of @oneleaf86 - he's found an excellent and creative source for the shafts and also designed and 3D printed the knobs for me. Huge thanks to him, you're an absolute legend mate.

While I'm thanking people, @beast1x5, @xodaraP and @djsheep have all played a vital and integral role in testing and imorovement of the design, thanks heaps fellas. :)

In the process of making the amendments to the PCB design and will place an order for what will hopefully be the final revision within the next week or so.

7374--Awesome!! So cool to watch this project advance. Great work @Frank_fjs
Not only that, but with a switch to let the user decide on the LPF on or off! Now that's handy!

Dude, I'm not so sure you are going to finish with a "middle of the road" SG, it's starting to be sort of high end!

How is your compatibility with Taito F3 and OSSC? This is still one area the HAS has issues with (although I know RBG is doing a new revision soon).

Regardless, great job Frank!

I would like to be put in the waiting list for the finalized version, too.

Thanks guys! Yep things have definitely changed, with the new design / changes / features / additions I'm offering a premium device now.

The older design is still working well and if needed could always be made available as a cheaper alternative.

I don't yet own an OSSC so have no idea how things are working there.

Djsheep has tested with a Frameister without many issues and I think Beast used an OSSC?

I could always follow the same approach as RGB and provide a VGA adapter if need be.

I have Shinobi running on the previous design through a System 16 adapter that @Frank_fjs also made and it works well

Looking forward to seeing the updated version

Does that include F3 Mr Beast?

Also I definitely plan on trying out dungeons and dragons cps2 and avp when I get my hands on the newer revision sentinel. Can't wait for the ridiculous stream

Well, I have to ask. What features does this not have compared to the HAS? Maybe I’ll buy one as well just for testing.

HAS has a great feature which I won't implement, button remapping.

Other than that I'd say we're on a similar level now, with a few subtle differences.

I'm using ATX as the main power connection which brings certain advantages like being able to utilise a power switch on the supergun itself and use of a Pico power supply. I've also incorporated onboard negative 5V generation to cover ATX supplies that don't have it available, HAS wouldn't need this feature as RGB has designed it around using an arcade PSU which generally have -5V available. My supergun has the option of utilising an arcade PSU via an additional wiring harness.

Mine uses a Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB scart cable for both video and audio output. HAS uses an 8 pin mini DIN cable for audio and video output with the option of a 3.5mm headphone connector for separated audio output.

I have a dipswitch to enable / disable buttons 4,5,6 from the jamma edge.

Both have composite and s-video options available via a separate accessory PCB.

Both have 3P/4P adapters.

I've got Snes and Mega Drive controller adapters whereas HAS has Saturn.

Both are UD USB compatible.

I think that covers most of it, though some info may be inaccurate on account of an awesome new HAS design being revealed and I don't yet know what features RGB has added.

When you started: Mid-level SG
Where you will finish: One of the best SG

Congrats man, what a great run down. it think other than button re-mapping, you are up there!

Looks like when you are finally ready to sell, when my friends ask me which SG to get, it now won't automatically be HAS, they will have some choice!

Great work!

When you started: Mid-level SG
Where you will finish: One of the best SG

Congrats man, what a great run down. it think other than button re-mapping, you are up there!

Looks like when you are finally ready to sell, when my friends ask me which SG to get, it now won't automatically be HAS, they will have some choice!

Great work!
The button remapping would be nice to have in the SG itself but I doubt most will be using some DB15 accessory too often and I would presume most will use the UD converter which already has button remapping.

Great work!
Wow, thanks so much, that's a very nice thing to say, means a lot.

Has the new revision changed anything regarding pricing or is this being finalised?

Back