What's new
Wishlist: F3 since already confirmed, PGM, (here's where I throw something new into the mix....even though I know its nigh impossible) Some way for a multi rom set on the Psikyo SH2 hardware, any type of Cave multi and Cps1

In terms of number of games
NAOMI, and NeoGeo seem to have the largest libraries with over 150 games each

System 2x6, ST-V, and Type-X all have over 50 each.

I don't know how feasible it is but a multi board for the
Sony based ZN1/ZN2/FX-1A/FX-1B/G-Net would have over 50 games as well, even more if system 10, 11 and 12 games could be made to run on it. A single system that runs all of those PS1 based games would likely be the 3rd largest arcade multi.

In terms of value-for-money, Cave is #1 request for me.

PGM for the cave games, and some decent belt scrollers. Even if the resolution of this hardware is so-so. However, too much protection and undumped internal ROM on these :(. Perhaps a 5-in-1 demonfront/ddp2/ddp3/ket/galuda cart or something to that extent can be done.

what about a multi for the system Tatsunoko Vs Capcom comes on

Well, a little birdy told me that Saturday there might be a big announcement about this new multi!

I just connect my Wii to the OSSC, and connect my pad-hacked VC-pads+Wiimotes inside.
Sure it has more input lag (bluetooth) than the real arcade JVS based "Wii hardware" but that's about how much I care. ;)

Its playing other Wii games from the USB-HDD btw, so yes it's a multi.

why do you need to connect the Wii to the OSSC? You should be able to connect it direct to the panel, as long as the panel supports 480p

You can minimize the controllers lag if you connect the control panel to the GC ports of the old Wii models :)

why do you need to connect the Wii to the OSSC? You should be able to connect it direct to the panel, as long as the panel supports 480p
Diamond LCD only accepts VGA or DVI, no RCA/Component. ;)
For OSSC 480p is just a simple passthru, but this is a way to change component into DVI.

Does it accecpt DVI-I, DVI-A, or DVI-D?

if it's I or D then you could just use a HDMI adapter from a WiiU.

Failing that have you tried the Mayflash VGA cable for Wii?

Does it accecpt DVI-I, DVI-A, or DVI-D?

if it's I or D then you could just use a HDMI adapter from a WiiU.

Failing that have you tried the Mayflash VGA cable for Wii?
Far as I know the DVI port only accepts digital, for the simply reason if you wanted to use analog you would use the VGA port (but I have not tested this).

I don't have a Wii-U (I skipped a few Nintendo consoles that never appealed to me, add to this N64 Virtual Boy DSi).

I haven't used that cable but I know of it... More interesting to me is someone (I forget) is working on a true digital tap/output from the Wii's internal video processor.
Yet another option would be using a Component-to-VGA adaptor, but I'm unsure if this would add lag (I suspect it would).

I believe you can have a component to VGA "Transcoder", meaning it's not doing any sort of scaling operations or video processing. it'd be analogous to a sync splitter where it's just modifying the signal data but not actually processing it, so by it's nature it should be completely lagless.

Honestly I don't see much point to modifying the Wii for HDMI output since the WiiU is backward compatible and supports it. Given the
cost of most of those HDMI mods on older consoles it doesn't make much sense.

If you're interested in playing GC games, a GC has better video output quality over component than the Wii does anyway.

I know a lot of people who game on trinitrons with component only input will use RGBS to YPbPr transcoders

Back