What's new
giphy.gif

A chihiro multi is in the make as well.
It would be ideal if it would be possible to make the "baseboard jvs" combi appear as an xbox gamepad so that xbox titles become available as well.

A chihiro multi is in the make as well.
It would be ideal if it would be possible to make the "baseboard jvs" combi appear as an xbox gamepad so that xbox titles become available as well.
A chihiro multi....interesting. Who is working on that?

I am.
It's a spinoff of my "chihiro bios" for retail xbox mobo's. During development I discovered that you can connect an additional compact flash or harddrive as master since the dimm board is seen as slave device. Current problem is that no homebrew is seeing the chihiro controls as sega linked their games to specific lib's that supported those.
It's already pretty far emulated in mame so it should be doable to create a lib with support for it.

I doubt it will be doable on a normal chihiro mobo as there are no chihiro game exploits yet.

hmm the cps1 a board contains a custom whos inner workings are not yet known right? Other then that there are schematics availible for both old and new type of cps1 mobo..

Would love a custom cps1 pcb running all games without any capcom stamped customs at all.. I will save that one for next Christmas list to santa

hmm the cps1 a board contains a custom whos inner workings are not yet known right? Other then that there are schematics availible for both old and new type of cps1 mobo..

Would love a custom cps1 pcb running all games without any capcom stamped customs at all.. I will save that one for next Christmas list to santa
My understanding was that the A custom has been decapped and studied pretty well, there's also known bootleg A custom chips out there, so someone knew how to clone them at some stage

sure you don't mean the C custom now? The A board custom has never been cloned as far as I know.. nor has it been decaped? The C board custom (21?) Did get decapped and studied thou

All we need for now is a multi CPS 1 ROM/B-board. It should be similar to the CPS2 Multi DS already made.

Talking about cloning the chips will only demotivate DS ;)

Cloning complete ASIC customs is more a project for Kevtris and the likes or better a big community project. It's a completely different scope and skill set.

All we need for now is a multi CPS 1 ROM/B-board. It should be similar to the CPS2 Multi DS already made.

Talking about cloning the chips will only demotivate DS ;)

Cloning complete ASIC customs is more a project for Kevtris and the likes or better a big community project. It's a completely different scope and skill set.
^THAT^

Definitely the CPS1, the best games made in my opinion and Sega system 16 and 18 after.

I just to want to throw this out there for what is worth:

I'm 100% against multis which need tinkering with authentic hardware to work.

Leave original hardware alone and make a Rom board which can be fitted on the motherboard just like the Taito F3 one is.

I'm also hoping to see a version 2.0 of the CPS2 multi which is just a Rom Board to put on the A-board one, without needing an authentic board where you have to remove the chips and put the multi on.

Real hardware is already scarce out there, multis should allow us to play our favorite games without them, not force us to get one in order to use it.

I’ll also throw this out there: I’d like a CPS1 Multi sooner rather than later, and if pulling existing ROM chips out of a B Board is what it takes to get it working (like the CPS2) then I’m 100% fine with it. It’s easy to revert them back to stock by reinstalling the original ROMs so why make the engineering harder than it needs to be? Street Fighter 2 boards are already getting snapped up left and right for conversions anyway.

I'm also hoping to see a version 2.0 of the CPS2 multi which is just a Rom Board to put on the A-board one, without needing an authentic board where you have to remove the chips and put the multi on.
I disagree with this completely. having the multi plug directly into the rom sockets is as close as you can get to keeping as much of the hardware as original as possible.

I disagree with this completely. having the multi plug directly into the rom sockets is as close as you can get to keeping as much of the hardware as original as possible.
I agree completely with @twistedsymphony. That would be a HUGE retroengineering effort that I won't do.

Replacing a complete CPS2 B board is fantasy, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Something like that can only happen as a hobby/community project with several EEs + FPGA experts that do this unpaid.
And nope, those other guys can't do it either. It's way outside of their skill level and would never break even.

Good thing about CPS1 is that the B-board is just a simple rom board + a few PALs and it can be completely replaced. Just put sockets for the C-board on it like aje-fr did.

It's a realistic project for 2018 like that.

Already have people on board here with those skills :D
@brizzo I know we do :)
I wouldn't touch CPS2, but I'd love to see a FPGA implementation of a CPS B-21 that would allow for a B+C board :)

Back