What's new
Wouldn't you have a problem with them too if you do a PGM multi?
90% of people that want a PGM multi probably want it only for the CAVE games...
There aren't any Cave games on PGM cart-based hardware (unless you count Bee Storm, but that was made by IGS). Cave PGM games existing on cart are sort-of-hacks anyway from the single-PCB hardware.

If you're making a cart-based PGM multi and not selling the games, Cave doesn't really fit anywhere in the equation at all.

Wouldn't you have a problem with them too if you do a PGM multi?
90% of people that want a PGM multi probably want it only for the CAVE games...
There aren't any Cave games on PGM cart-based hardware (unless you count Bee Storm, but that was made by IGS). Cave PGM games existing on cart are sort-of-hacks anyway from the single-PCB hardware.

If you're making a cart-based PGM multi and not selling the games, Cave doesn't really fit anywhere in the equation at all.
Mostly true, but there could still be something that could be dug up with original licensing contracts for the PGM. Unlikely, but still possible. They didn’t do shit about the CPS2 multi which allows you to play Pro Gear so I’d assume nothing would happen, but business law is a very tricky thing that defies common sense all the time.

well... It's the basically the same PGM1 hardware but different media format (like NeoGeo pcbs vs NeoGeo carts)

Actually sound quality is better if you use a PGM1 motherboard instead of the CavePGM PCBs, so consider it more like an upgrade :)

well... It's the basically the same PGM1 hardware but different media format (like NeoGeo pcbs vs NeoGeo carts)

Actually sound quality is better if you use a PGM1 motherboard instead of the CavePGM PCBs, so consider it more like an upgrade :)
Oh, I know, I was just saying that since it wouldn't be targeting their games, but cart games instead, it seems like they're not *really* related.

Also on the same PCB as CavePGM stuff is a version of Demon Front!

I say the next multis should be Saturn and Dreamcast ODEs that people can actually purchase haha. I managed to get a Rhea and Phoebe (kept Rhea, Phoebe went to a friend), but keep missing GDEMU.

I understand the creator’s viewpoint on his business model; however, I think it’s garbage. His show though so whatever he wants. I just wish there was an alternative to 3 minute vaguely announced order windows.

I really like the way Darksoft does business. Makes just the right amount so if somebody has the cash, they can get one within a reasonable window. I only waited roughly two months from having the cash and mission to obtain a CPS2 multi to actually purchasing. The pre-order system of the Neo multi is also excellent. Honestly, I think the GDEMU guy’s main bottleneck is TIME. His model suits his personal needs, but sucks for everyone else. But again, his show lol. The point is Darksoft and Mitsu have a very good model, one that will keep me a loyal customer for as long as they do this.

Last edited:
Ah System 16, holy crap that would be cool!

One of my dream cabs is a clean Outrun. Used to play that game at the bowling alley and laundromat all the time in the 90s. The bowling alley arcade in particular was a cheap babysitter for my mom lol.

Source of info: I’m an international business major specifically studying Japanese to USA contracts.
Do you have a PACER account? could you look up to see if CAVE has actually brought suit against anyone or if this is all just baseless fear-mongering.
I have, checked and could not really find any using cave only as a search yielded too many results, over 5400, but adding a few variations like cave intercative, cave co. etc.. did not yield any results.

I really like the way Darksoft does business. Makes just the right amount so if somebody has the cash, they can get one within a reasonable window. I only waited roughly two months from having the cash and mission to obtain a CPS2 multi to actually purchasing.
Don't remind me. I recently got my second CPS2 A-board returned to me, and I'm truly considering buying a second multi board. Why? Dedicate one to horizontal and one to vertical, DUH! ;)

Ah System 16, holy crap that would be cool!
I've already got all (Golden Axe, Shinobi, E-Swat, Altered Beast) the good games, but I would still like a multi to downsize my board collection.
Would buy

System 18 I don't see as being too big a draw, other than Hammer Away (which is cool but not a "real" game IMO as it wasn't released officially) Shadow Dancer and Moonwalker (which I already own) what else has it got?
I can't see the point of a multi if you already own Shadow Dancer or Moonwalker (just buy the other one your missing and be done with it).
Wouldn't buy

System 32 is similar to System 18, in that I only really consider it to have two good games.
However that Sonic Arcade game would be cool/fun to mess around with on actual hardware/with a trackball.
Golden Axe 2 is hard to find, and even tho we have a conversion set it requires a specific B-board (that is easier to find, but still not easy if you live in USA).
Would likely buy depending on price

I can't see the point of a multi if you already own Shadow Dancer or Moonwalker (just buy the other one your missing and be done with it).
Wouldn't buy
Alien Storm is kinda fun. I just have 3 rom boards for system 18 for easy switching, Moonwalker, Shadow Dancer and Alien Storm.

System 16 is awesome.

You have all the "good" games on 16B but you're still missing Fantasy Zone and Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars from 16A and Sonic Boom from 16B ;)

Also, I'm quite sure there are plenty of people out there who like Wrestle War, Wonderboy 3, SDI (16A), Action Fighter (16A), Tetris, MVP and the other System 16 games :P

It is a great platform.

Alien Storm is kinda fun.
Oh yeah you're totally right, I forgot!
I played so much of this game on Genesis and never saw a arcade cab IRL I sometimes forget it was a port.

Ok so change my vote on System 18 to...
Would likely buy depending on price
you're still missing Fantasy Zone and Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars from 16A and Sonic Boom
Fantasy Zone is ok, not really a top shooter IMO.
Alex Kidd I just didn't care for, feels like a chore to play it.
Sonic Boom is a tate shooter, I don't do tate games (its too much of a pain to swap around and I won't dedicate a cab to tate).

Last edited by a moderator:
... I managed to get a Rhea and Phoebe (kept Rhea, Phoebe went to a friend), but keep missing GDEMU...
Get a USB-GDROM instead. The creator sucks at communication, but at least there's no struggles with ordering it. I filled out his order form, paid him, and had two of them on my doorstep one month later. Easy to install and works beautifully. @twistedsymphony makes a great 3D printed tray for it as well.

http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

I really like the way Darksoft does business. Makes just the right amount so if somebody has the cash, they can get one within a reasonable window. I only waited roughly two months from having the cash and mission to obtain a CPS2 multi to actually purchasing.
Don't remind me. I recently got my second CPS2 A-board returned to me, and I'm truly considering buying a second multi board. Why? Dedicate one to horizontal and one to vertical, DUH! ;)
Do it, that how I have my 2 CPS2 multis :)

Back