What's new
I have one copy. It's a nice piece. No loading time as it holds the games on big flashes. Problem.is it doesn't hold the whole library only several games. It comes with its own LCD and buttons. Very interesting...
Maybe the other games don't work right?
?(
Everything it can run needs to be originally CPS-B-21 or have been converted to CPS-B-21 though right?

Yes. I think all games work but you have to update the board and do a flash update which takes a couple of hours.

I have one copy. It's a nice piece. No loading time as it holds the games on big flashes. Problem.is it doesn't hold the whole library only several games. It comes with its own LCD and buttons. Very interesting...
Maybe the other games don't work right? ?(
Everything it can run needs to be originally CPS-B-21 or have been converted to CPS-B-21 though right?
No, all games run, you have to select the B-chip type with the screen (he first thought of an auto-detection but all ID registers weren't known at the time, maybe still are).
Registers access and layer masks are patched on the fly.
Reason he stopped making them is games were included thus illegal...
Honestly this multi was almost perfect (even including support for Forgotten Worlds spinners), only the lack of SD/USB stick support to store games was a problem.

No, all games run, you have to select the B-chip type with the screen (he first thought of an auto-detection but all ID registers weren't known at the time, maybe still are).Registers access and layer masks are patched on the fly.
Honestly this multi was almost perfect (even including support for Forgotten Worlds spinners), only the lack of SD/USB stick support to store games was a problem.
Sounds awesome...

I wonder if a cash bounty like the CPS1.5 one would work to get him to change his policy on selling to non French.

No, all games run, you have to select the B-chip type with the screen (he first thought of an auto-detection but all ID registers weren't known at the time, maybe still are).Registers access and layer masks are patched on the fly.
Sounds awesome...
I wonder if a cash bounty like the CPS1.5 one would work to get him to change his policy on selling to non French.
As far as I know he stopped selling/making them for everyone, not only non French.
With all the knowledge and skills we have here on this forum I don't see it a problem making our own multi CPS1.
DS could reuse his multi CPS2 loading system (from an SD card/USB stick), I can work on the FPGA for on the fly patching of registers and layer masks.

I don't see it a problem making our own multi CPS1.
DS could reuse his multi CPS2 loading system (from an SD card/USB stick), I can work on the FPGA for on the fly patching of registers and layer masks.
Great! You guys do that and I'll sit back with a beer in one hand and cash in the other, and marvel at the geniuses at work...

:D

sounds like a plan to me.......

team work!!!!

Do you think you can get the schematics or some info from aje_fr?

I have some schematics from CPS1 on paper, not on *.sch file
If I have you're word you're committed to make it real I can make the schematics in *.sch format.
Best would be to start from a 91634 or 91635 B-board as they support the biggest ROM size (8Mb for graphics, 2Mb for code).
Then you can have a look at how to embed your game loading system and I'll see how to integrate the on the fly patching.

OK, so here's a multi that I just thought of...

How about an Ikari Warriors Multi Cart with every LS-30 Joystick game on it. Maybe use a Heavy Barrel board or whichever one would work best.

I would buy that for sure!

How about an Ikari Warriors Multi Cart with every LS-30 Joystick game on it. Maybe use a Heavy Barrel board or whichever one would work best.
Heavy Barrel is different hardware from Ikari Warriors

There are 12 LS-30 games across 6 different hardware platforms... so if you want that multi you're going to be building a MAME box.

the SNK triple Z80 hardware has 5 LS-30 games on it but just because it's similar hardware doesn't necessarily means it's viable for a multi.

[SNK]
Bermuda Triangle/World Wars
Guerrilla War/Guevara
Ikari Warriors/Ikari
T.N.K. III/TANK
Victory Road/Dogou Souken

[SNK 68]
Ikari III
Search And Rescue

[Alpha 68K]
Time Soldiers/Battle Field

[DEC 0]
Heavy Barrel
Midnight Resistance

[DEC 8]
Gondomania/Makyou Senshi

[SETA]
DownTown

Last edited:
Have 6 sticks, Bermuda Triangle, Heavy Barrel and Time Soldiers...:D I've at least made some progress.

[SNK]

Bermuda Triangle/World Wars
Guerrilla War/Guevara
Ikari Warriors/Ikari
T.N.K. III/TANK
Victory Road/Dogou Souken

[SNK 68]
Ikari III
Search And Rescue

[Alpha 68K]
Time Soldiers/Battle Field

[DEC 0]
Heavy Barrel
Midnight Resistance

[DEC 8]
Gondomania/Makyou Senshi

[SETA]
DownTown
You and your Twisted info...

Thanks!

Is there going to be one board in particular that would be needed for a CPS1 multi?

Are Hyper fighting Dash (2?? Is it 2?) boards hard to find/expensive. I've looked for a day or two and not seen anything available that I know of.

Is there going to be one board in particular that would be needed for a CPS1 multi?

Are Hyper fighting Dash (2?? Is it 2?) boards hard to find/expensive. I've looked for a day or two and not seen anything available that I know of.
Only the CPS 1.5 games, as well as CE and HF really need the 12mhz board, all others games should work on a 10mhz short board (someone correct me if I’m wrong here).

Can’t say what a multi will use, but you have plenty of time to find a 12mhz so don’t stress it. (I need to find one myself, I only have a few 10mhz).

Dash (2?? Is it 2?) boards hard to find/expensive
I've had the opposite experience. Of the dozen A boards I own (including semi-working or dead boards) I have 2 non-Dash boards and that's it. All of which I've picked up in the past 6 months.

I've had the opposite experience. Of the dozen A boards I own (including semi-working or dead boards) I have 2 non-Dash boards and that's it. All of which I've picked up in the past 6 months.
trade you a short 10 for a dash :p

(Can’t blame me for trying lol)

I've admittedly only looked around for a few days for a Hyper board but that will be one thing I want to pick up as a collection too as I dont have a HF board. What are the prices that these are going for usually or expect to pay for one?

trade you a short 10 for a dash :P
(Can’t blame me for trying lol)
Definitely can't :P.

I swear every time I mark one working and then take it back out later it's got an issue.. I've got bad CPS1 luck.

Back