What's new
Mark your items as sold

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
So I bought a spare working Nanao MS8-29 chassis for my Egret-29s, I needed to use it only to discover that this particular revision doesn't clear the rotation mechanism... so I can't use it.

I've tested it outside of the cab and ran it for half an hour and confirmed it's working (see pics below). This is Specifically an MS8-29FN22R. I believe this chassis variant is for a Namco Excellena or an Astro City, I'm not sure; though it will likely work in any other cab designed for an MS8-29 (Egret 29 is just stupid and weirdly shaped). the caps look original though none appear bloated or leaking

Price is $150 shipped anywhere in the USA

Will gladly trade for an MS8-29FTB (which is the version I need) or anything on my Wanted post: Wanted by twistedsymphony (I bet you no one has any of this for sale)

MS829_01.jpg
MS829_03.jpg

*yes it includes the neck board even thought it's not in the picture, no it does not include the tube, this is a chassis only, the picture is just to show it working.

Attachments

• MS829_02.jpg
    MS829_02.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 188
the G1 version main board is indeed the one that's used on the 29FTB.

any chance you can get a picture of it? It was one of those mini PCBs behind the adjustment pots that were causing me grief in term of fitment.

Of course.

imgur.com/a/HyTYu
that looks like it would work. Though it also looks like you're missing the remote board, I might have a compatible one in my parts bin. Are you interested in a trade or are you looking to sell?

Of course.

imgur.com/a/HyTYu
that looks like it would work. Though it also looks like you're missing the remote board, I might have a compatible one in my parts bin. Are you interested in a trade or are you looking to sell?
I have the remote board somewhere...

This chassis keeps blowing Fuse F902. I had a thread on AO tackling it. I never followed through though after I tossed a different MS8 and tube in the cab and sold it.. Actually kind of forgot about it until I saw your post and went "Oh yeah, I have one of those".

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33054&p=448643#p448643

I've got enough non-working MS8s I don't need another one lol

based on that thread is sounds like the flyback is the likey culprit. that seems to be a common failure on these and there are no replacements available.... hence why I have dead ones and I'm looking for working replacements ;)

I've got enough non-working MS8s I don't need another one lol

based on that thread is sounds like the flyback is the likey culprit. that seems to be a common failure on these and there are no replacements available.... hence why I have dead ones and I'm looking for working replacements ;)
Out of curiosity, do they use the same flyback? I'd assume no or you'd have already transplanted one from the MS8 you're selling.

The model number of the flyback on the one I'm selling is different than the one on the original chassis. but I'd suspect they're cross-compatible.

I actually had bought 2 replacement and the cab I'm fixing up now had a dead monitor when I got it, I'm just now getting around to fixing the monitor.

of the two replacements I bought one is this chassis that doesn't fit and the other got badly damaged in shipping, so I'm cannibalizing that one to repair the original chassis. I also have another one that I bought recently that I haven't received yet that will be my backup. So I'm not in dire need of a new chassis, but it couldn't hurt to have another backup kicking around ;) and I might as well sell this one that doesn't fit to help recoup my costs.

I pulled a chassis out of the closet that I pulled from an Astro a couple years back, it doesn't have the sticker where yours is, but printed on the main PCB itself is "Nanao 05A00362G1" if that's useful.
Thank you guys , now i know exactly what MS8 chassis model i have in my NAC cab ✌🏻

"Nanao 05A00362G1 = MS8-29FTB”

the one Twisted had was NANAO モニターPCB : 05A00563B1 (MS8-29FN22R)

Attachments

• 43AE0376-DA53-4014-A46A-11DF0D49EC3D.jpeg
    43AE0376-DA53-4014-A46A-11DF0D49EC3D.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 83
  • A8B8CE90-28C7-4EE8-BDB9-2745B2DDAF30.jpeg
    A8B8CE90-28C7-4EE8-BDB9-2745B2DDAF30.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Back